Active Topics

I also hav the problem of some aps crashing on launch if launched in portrait. There are also some aps that do not correctly load with the portrait flag enabled. For example: SomePlayer will launch fine, but the UI is the landscape UI shoved into the portrait space rather than launching with the portrait UI. To get it to right i have to close the ap, rotate desktop to landscape, then launch, then rotate to portrait. Same with a couple other aps.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Oh,i forget something .... i did't try 9 Home Screen with Portrait. did anyone try? if next release Complete with 9 Home Screen will Pretty Cooooooooool.

thanks again.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Samnan,Sharjah,U.A.E.
Originally Posted by gixx View Post
Oh,i forget something .... i did't try 9 Home Screen with Portrait. did anyone try? if next release Complete with 9 Home Screen will Pretty Cooooooooool.

thanks again.
yes 9 desktops works perfectly! i am currently running it

The Following User Says Thank You to Minhaz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Originally Posted by Excesv View Post
Hey Guys and Girls..

I did a complete reflash a good couple of weeks ago now to just remove all my ****. Flashed with latest version Maemo V48 Kernel Speedpatch and CSSU Hildon Portrait. And well its freakin awesome! so far i have had not one issue.

I am curious tho about my Camera UI.. I understand that Media player and clock need to be remade in Qt for the portrait part. But what about the camera?

When i rotate my phone to portrait mode in camera the Picture shrinks to the top left Quarter of the screen. Has anyone else seen this?.. Do i need to upload a screen shot?...

Help would be awesome.

Thanks

Best Community I've ever lived in. Ha ha
yeah mine does exactly the same when rotated can only take a pic in landscape now

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-08-10 at 14:28.

auto rotatin of da dsktop doesnt work aftr restart???

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
yeah mind does exactly the same when rotated can only take a pic in landscape now
I don't have that issue, but I don't have this hildon portraid desktop installed but desktop is something else than camera so I don't know if it can be linked

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
And all those crashing apps are QT, right? There is a QT version in CSSU fixing that crash.
That solved my app-crashing problems when launching in portrait mode, thanks! I just upgraded the qt libs from the cssu repo (as I havent yet upgraded to cssu), and now my apps launch from portrait mode just fine.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ the netherlands
Can't get it installed!
I had it installed bud my device crashed and i had to re-flash it. So i installed all my apps back include CSSU. Bud i can't get it installed.
It says in terminal:
dpkg: status database is locked by another process
And whit HAM it says:
Can't update hildon-desktop. Its not compatible.

It worked before the re-flash

Help please flatser

Hi
I´ve install the update and reboot and now my phone start in a perpetual reoot loop, I don`t want to flash it what can I do ?
Please help

how can i get my original HD back plz don't need the portrait mode please !

Tags
lockscreen, maemo 5