Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
HEYYY you lied to me your a fake how can you leave this dammm thread open, ok am reporting you to the council your just the same as them FAKE !.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
I've just reread both the wiki and @Estels thread about the CA rules, submition, criterias etc. and nowhere can I see it stated clearly that the councilors can nominate themself.

I think it's cloudy at best, not transparent at all that the councilors could also submit same time as being judges.

Yes the rules has been talked about in one thread on TMO wich also had other statements/thoughts wich didn't got into the rules and yes also on mailing list and irc wich most members aren't submitted to.

To be frank I don't think it was that clear before nor after the Ca was started.

@Estel has neglegted to state that one of the councilors had his doubts about this and actually acted on it. @Estel even had his doubts and asked Quim for advise.

Most people as me only read those two pages I stated above (ca wiki and thread) (wich also should be enough to see the rules clearly) and therefore hadn't any idea about council acting as judges and nominees.

Deffo cloudy communication and not a transparent council imo.

I think you should accept your responsibility in this as a council. It's a conflict of intetest and the council knew it, but went ahead with it anyway without back up from the community.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
No one is answering you and i have came on to say what you have just said could actually get somewhere if it is true so i would like to see some evidence where the council have actually stated because many people have posted here they did but these people are pro-council, everyone look for answers if this is the case as i think it will get somewhere.

Dousan good work please keep it up because hard evidence is the way to go rather than shouting on here about it,.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
...(isnotabigtruck, I'm looking at You - BTW, Your behavior proves even more, that You shouldn't get *any* CA award)
What !?!?!? How a council member is confortable to say this ? If you don't have any respectful words to say, please don't write them. It is a shame for the Maemo council and Maemo community.

Any personal comment from the community (Arie, etc) or from the council in this topic saying person X deserves or not a device, Y is better, etc, is a shame.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
What !?!?!? How a council member is confortable to say this ? If you don't have any respectful words to say, please don't write them. It is a shame for the Maemo council and Maemo community.

Any personal comment from the community (Arie, etc) or from the council in this topic saying person X deserves or not a device, Y is better, etc, is a shame.
I agree with this sentiment. Please also take care not to attribute one council member's individual comments to the council as a whole or to the other council members.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Let's please keep the thread on topic, avoid trolling and refrain from personal attacks. That goes double for current and former council members.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
In the spirit of no personal attacks, I want to report that Estel told me by PM that he wasn't the first one to nominate himself to receive a prize device, so my description of other council members as emulating him was wrong. My apologies.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
In the spirit of no personal attacks, I want to report that Estel told me by PM that he wasn't the first one to nominate himself to receive a prize device, so my description of other council members as emulating him was wrong. My apologies.
Don't see how it helps. "Everyone ran — i ran" is not helping, everyone is grown up to take respectability for himself

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Just in case it's useful, a bit of background:

- Council members never have been excluded in device seeding activities.

- If anything, they have been prioritized on community promotion activities not directly related with software development.

- The reason is simple: if you are an elected Council member it is safe to assume that you have already accumulated some merit.

- The discussion about Council members being eligible or not for the Community Awards was already discussed, and nobody had any objection.

Also:

- Is there any awarded Council member that clearly doesn't deserve the award? I can't name any.

- The Community Awards should be a celebration yet this thread has turned into something sour. Really sad. Something to be proud of as community members? Hardly so.

There are many important things to discuss and work on these days at maemo.org. Arguing further on this topic doesn't help.

Back to the topic community of awards: the most rewarding feeling in a community is to build consensus and collaborate together on something meaningful. Go for it and enjoy the pleasure!

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Good closing argument. CLOSED

Back to work Ladies and Gents, we got a community to grow!

EDIT: Neither the council nor anyone else asked me to close it, this is just not the right place nor the right form for this to happen.

Last edited by chemist; 2012-06-25 at 11:36.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
award, community, council, device, outcry