Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
[QU
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Sachin: A slight mistake in the above. The "Ctrl-ap" and
"Ctrl-an" keys in fact only toggle to the beginning of the playlist, not up and down within
the playlist as I initially thought, and reported to you. However, I understand that some
if not all of these x-term sidebar keys can be reprogrammed, so one could put the
"Cap->" command into one of them for easy toggling within the playlist, and therefore
maintain a full x-term screen (without keyboard) of broadcast information.

OTE=aOTE=ascherjim;75665]Sachin: A slight mistake in the above. The "Ctrl-ap" and
"Ctrl-an" keys in fact only toggle to the beginning of the playlist, not up and down within
the playlist as I initially thought, and reported to you. However, I understand that some
if not all of these x-term sidebar keys can be reprogrammed, so one could put the
"Cap->" command into one of them for easy toggling within the playlist, and therefore
maintain a full x-term screen (without keyboard) of broadcast information.[/QUOTE]
scherjim;75665]Sachin: A slight mistake in the above. The "Ctrl-ap" and "Ctrl-an" keys in fact only toggle to the beginning of the playlist, not up and down within the playlist as I initially thought, and reported to you. However, I understand that some if not all of these x-term sidebar keys can be reprogrammed, so one could put the "Cap->" command into one of them for easy toggling within the playlist, and therefore maintain a full x-term screen (without keyboard) of broadcast information.[/QUOTE]

YEAH i did realise that.
regarding the video i think you are misunderstanding me. i am talking about live streaming 400 kbps video.... not stored video clips.
ok let me be more precise.....
Go to winamp in your pc and got to shoutcast video in the menu. copy the url and open it in xterm using just the mplayer code. now take a note of the clarity. now add the -ao ...>....... bluetooth eXtensION and compare bot ull undersatnd wat i mean!!!

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
[QU
ok let me be more precise.....
Go to winamp in your pc and got to shoutcast video in the menu. copy the url and open it in xterm using just the mplayer code. now take a note of the clarity. now add the -ao ...>....... bluetooth eXtensION and compare bot ull undersatnd wat i mean!!!
Sachin: I apologize for being rather dense, but I'm still having trouble comprehending what you mean for me to do. (And dealing with me on this issue is now probably more trouble to you than it's worth!)

First of all, of course, winamp is a Windows application, which in pursuit of this matter I have now downloaded onto my PC.

I then, as you requested, went into shoutcast video (which they seem to reference as "shoutcast tv." I brought up the listing of video channels, but didn't seem to spot anything that looked like a url. (At least nothing was labeled as such.)

So, the question now is: where do I find the url (or url's) I'm supposed to copy -- and how then, once found, do I copy it/them to my N800 x-term (other than entering it manually with the keyboard)?

Also, regarding the url, what is the "mplayer" code I'm to use?

Again, my apologies.

On another matter, have you given any consideration to my prior suggestion to format a wiki-type entry for your Bluetooth internet radio hack as a separate thread, to make it more noticeable and accessible to other possibly interested forum members?

I was able to get it to work on the n770.
I had to recompile mplayer with alsa and mp3 support, and the cpu usage is too high to be used from kagu - a lot of skipping happens.
But from the command line it works great. I'm working on optimising the sbc codec, I already made some progress and more to come

The quality is way better than my windows mobile 5 PPC with built-in a2dp, and so is the range. the PPC starts skipping from 1 - 2 meters as opposed to the n770 that works up to 10m with walls in between.

The sbc codec has a lot of room for optimisation.

cheers

YEEEEES I can say that I i followed step by step your guide and within 10 mins tops I had great quality music flowing to my bluetooth speakers. I might as well give a big thumbs up for the Sony SRS BTM-30 too. Its a little on the pricey side, but i cant do without it at work. The sound quality is amazing even has good bass for the small compact size. It connected flawlessly to my n800, and this little boombox runs off 3 aa batteries, or an ac adapter so i can even roll in my car with the box on my seat heh. Anyways, thanks for giving us such an easy walkthrough for a2dp!

It looks as though the logitech headsets aren't supported? Can anyone confirm this?

/home/user/a2dp # ./btscan.sh -d
Name: BT-Headphones
Address: 00:0D:44:44:FE7
Services: [0x110E,0x110B,0x110E,0x110B,0x110E,0x110B,0x110E,0 x110B,0x110E,0x110B,rendering,0x110B,0x110E,0x110B ,0x110E,0x110B,0x110E,0x110B,0x110E,0x110B,0x110E]
Trusted: true
Is Phone: false
Candidate: false
======================
Unable to detect any paired and trusted Bluetooth devices supporting the audio profile.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
jmiahman - that headset doesn't appear to support the "audio" service (profile). These are the services for my SonyEricsson HBH-DS970 (stereo A2DP headset with microphone)

Code:
Services: [rendering,audio,0x110E,0x110C,0x110B,0x8E771301,0x1108,0x111E]
When you go into Control Panel -> Bluetooth, click on Devices then select your Logitech headset and click Edit. What does it show for "Device Type"? My headset shows as "Audio/Video".

I've assumed the "audio" service is used to represent A2DP support, however I could be wrong and it's "rendering" that is the essential service! Try using the Bluetooth address of your Logitech headset anyway and see if it works with Kagu - if it does, I'll update the btscan.sh script so that it checks for "rendering" instead of "audio".

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-09-19 at 16:35.

I have been diligently reading and rereading the instructions and posts and still am in need of some help.

1. I'm trying to pair a Jabra BT620s to my 770. I have the 2006 os. Is there any problem there?

2. After following the "prerequisites" (successfully, I believe) I try to pair. I only see the option to pair under the connection manager under the option of pairing to a phone. When I try to pair them I get a message that the "phone" has no services available. Am I doing something wrong in the pairing?

Any other advice would be appreciated, too.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
1. It might pair, it might not. Even if it does, A2DP is not supported (officially or unofficially) with OS 2006 so you're wasting your time

2. OS 2006 is not supported. OS 2007HE is your best bet, but requires modified Bluetooth packages (someone is working on this I believe - try searching the forum) which are not included in this simplified installation. The intructions in this thread are for N800 only (if at some point in the future A2DP can be made to work with OS 2007HE I'll attempt to update the instructions)

(Have added a new prerequisite #0)...

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll give up on this. What a bummer, though. It just seems that if the unit has a media player and it has bluetooth, it should be able to play audio through bluetooth headphones!

I've bought Sony's headset recently. There are several models, and all of them have both SBC and MP3 support. It seems it is getting mainstream. Which means, AFAIK, that MP3 can be streamed without any recoding and this should save battery a lot. Is it supported to use MP3 codec in AD2P?