Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
This is very troubling... Hope meego is themagic
“Nokia catching up becomes less hopeful because of these delays. Competition will only get tougher in the second half with the run-up to Christmas. We have to see what kind of rabbit they can pull out of the hat. It comes down to magic,”

Last edited by x61; 2010-04-22 at 14:21.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Grow up...

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Link requires subscription.

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Not paying to read the article. My information on the internet needs to be free as a bird!

To OP, we would have to register with ft.com to read the article, could you perhaps copy and paste all/a bit more of the story so we dont have to register to read it?

The title mentions something about Nokia is failing to compete with Apple, to be fair Nokia's strategy is moving further away from the smartphone market and more to it's strength in selling feature rich "cheaper" phones and so-called dumbphones to the lower end of the market and countries with developing markets.

easy no need to pay... just google it.

Last edited by x61; 2010-04-22 at 14:20.

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
OPK will have a hard year. Symbian^3 needs to be a hit or he won't be in the same position next year.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
easy... just google it.
So you start thread with no information content and say that people should Google the stuff you want to discuss about.

or

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
So you start thread with no information content and say that people should Google the stuff you want to discuss about.

or
I have access to the article and it seems if you go through the link, you'd be required to pay which is why I provided the means of accessing the article.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
You do have to register, but don't have to pay.

No real news, though:

Apple are selling some top-end smartphones that have restricted Nokia's growth market share remains buoyant (read here) but The FT report quotes an industry expert's opinion that Nokia intend to introduce more user-friendly models and more touchscreens to compete with iphone

Article goes on to advise that Q1 profits for Nokia handset sales are down, but fails to realise that a lot of Nokia's smartphones are aimed downmarket (compared to iphone) and at emergent markets - see the three new models announced last week.

Nokia sell lots of different models, most of whch are very basic. This has been hugely successful and Nokia's game plan seems to be to take smartphones to the masses to repeat that success.

A giant-killer to take on iphone would be great, but is only a small part of the Co's business.

I think my cat could've written a more imaginative piece, although readers of the Daily Mail will no doubt love it...

Last edited by NokTokDaddy; 2010-04-22 at 14:29.

Tags
fud, fud-ohwait-not, just shoot me, open source