San Jose and San Mateo CompUSA are all out ;[

Originally Posted by dub View Post
San Jose and San Mateo CompUSA are all out ;[
It seems all the Compusa stores in Los Angeles are toast as well... the Compusa store locator now shows the closes store being in Fresno!!! :-(

-- Denis

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
being that they are closing, they dont list the stores as "active", but the timeline for closure is 30 - 90 days. its most likely that your local store is having a bargain basement sale, and they dont want to attract the heathens on all fours...
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
For NorCal users:
Concord has 4 left and they are marked down to $280
Pleasanton has 1 demo unit left and it is being sold for $320

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Got my N800 from SoCal Fountain Valley for $302 out the door. Had to drive out there cause the closer Redondo Beach store doesn't consider them cell phones so only 10% off instead of 30%.

compusa rip-off, i can understand why they are going out of business. I went to the store closing near vegas and they wanted 350 for their n770. No customer service what so ever.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I'm sure you could have convinced them the N800 had a built-in cell phone if you'd tried, after all it's made by Nokia...

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Wantagh, NY
why does it seem like everybody here is from Cali?, in Garden City NY they had it for $319.99, but unfortunately I already had one. But the rest of the store, what ripoffs for stuff, I wouldn't pay 44 bucks for 100 store brand DVDRs, and thats with it on sale.

Compusa had like 7 stores within hours drive from me, all will be closed cause they are pulling out of the over compedtive markets (theres nearly a Best Buy & Frys near every single one of them) Same is happening in population centers in Norcal. Theres just no profit in selling computers anymore.

Originally Posted by lordofthebone View Post
why does it seem like everybody here is from Cali?, in Garden City NY they had it for $319.99, but unfortunately I already had one. But the rest of the store, what ripoffs for stuff, I wouldn't pay 44 bucks for 100 store brand DVDRs, and thats with it on sale.

Manager told me on the phone that each store is being liquidated independently, so each are being picky about discount pricing.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I'm sure you could have convinced them the N800 had a built-in cell phone if you'd tried, after all it's made by Nokia...