As you may have heard by now, CompUSA is closing over 125 stores, so everything is
on sale. As of last night a check of two local stores showed 10% off everything. The
N800 was $314 and the 770 was $275. Prices will continue to drop as they get closer to closing in 60 to 90 days. Inventory varies and you can only get what they have on hand with no returns, but someone might be able to get a great deal.

I picked up a N800 for $320 last night, marked down from $400. Last one in the store

Just to make it clear, I think this applies only to stores that are closing, rather than the entire chain.

I was in a the CompUSA in Emeryville, CA last night, and there was no sale on N800s (or anything else beyond the usual weekly sales).

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
my two local stores, totowa and parsippany NJ are closing. they are no longer listed in Store Locator... gonna go me some discount...

EDIT -- http://www.compusa.com/locations/closing_stores.asp -- get your discount on...
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The ComUSA in Woodland Hills is closing while a nearby Frys prospers. I think that Frys is basically the Wallmart of computer stores, but that's ok; I like Wallmart.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
i dont think CompUSA is going out of business, or has a financial need to close the stores. i have heard rumor that TigerDirect might be buying the chain, and cutting overhead is one way to make a buyout more likely to succeed.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

I picked up a 770 at the CompUsa here in Rochester, NY for 199.00. What a steal.

Originally Posted by brendan View Post
i dont think CompUSA is going out of business, or has a financial need to close the stores. i have heard rumor that TigerDirect might be buying the chain, and cutting overhead is one way to make a buyout more likely to succeed.
Sounds about right. They are cashing out on stores that have weak performance, and the owner is rumored to be considering selling the business.

CNet/Reuters story: http://news.com.com/CompUSA%20to%20c...3-6162933.html

As was said, only closing stores will have the discounts. Here in Connecticut only 1 out of 3 of our stores are closing. We have no Fry's... CompUSA only has to compete with Best Buy, Circuit City, and Staples.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
N800 for $ 319 here at a CompUSA in NY. They said they have 6 up for grabs.

Git ya N800 heah, people !!!

Last edited by Arjun; 2007-03-06 at 16:22.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chicago, IL
Just walked out with the last one at the Chicago store for 319. Really was not planning this , I'm very happy with my 770 but this was just too good to pass up.

The Following User Says Thank You to eaaronp For This Useful Post: