Hi there. My first post ...

My N810 is called 'brinquedinho', means 'little toy' em portuguese. There is no special reason for that (maybe the size of this gadget).

[]´s
Fernando
São Paulo - Brazil

Last edited by fg1998; 2008-12-05 at 12:51.

T Tablet ; just simple probably because i like the tablets and tactile in general.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
gypsy; it travels around the world and hacks around (artificial) barriers to get what it wants

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Man, am I the only one who just calls it "The Tablet"?

My first post -- my n800 just arrived yesterday. I called it "burro" since I expect it to follow around behind me, carry things, and do hard work. Might be fun to change the name from time to time.

In the Arthur C. Clarke novel "Imperial Earth" people of the future have a networked PDA gadget called a "minisec". That could work.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Originally Posted by jacobmattison View Post
My first post -- my n800 just arrived yesterday.
Welcome aboard!

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Darkside was used in an early Mandrake distro (now Mandriva). I use it with all my PC and 770/810 installations. No particular reason for doing so.

thaibill

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
My desktop is orcrist, my media/fileserver is sting & my laptop is glamdring. Naturally then my IT had to have the grandest name, being the smallest, so I call it GROND!
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
.... kn810 and the previous nit kn800 .... and my phone k6500
Must be a French thing that : mine are 770FPP, N800FPP, N810FPP and E51FPP.

Either our reputation as romantic dreamers is totally overdone, or I have too many bluetooth devices around :-)

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
My old N800 that I've since given to my sister was named DIRGE, and the newer one I still have is named RAVAGE.

In my house, there's a Decepticon theme. My main server at home is named UNICRON (because it's the biggest and fastest machine in the house), my laptop is named BARRICADE, my NAS system is named FRENZY, my scratchbox system is named GALVATRON (since it used to be named MEGATRON before I pretty much re-built it, appropriately), my old router computer (which is now another scratchbox) is named RAMPAGE, etc.. etc..

Tags
device, hostname