Notices

I've built a Hexen 2 source port called Hammer of Thyrion. Its a 3d shooter with classes/spells. The original hexen and hexen2 was made by same people as quake and it plays very similar except its has some rpg elements.

Hexen is more demanding with the key bindings so 810 users be able to more fully use all the commands but heres the limited commands binding i put in for maemo buttons :
Menu Key : Next Weap
Zoom Out : Cycle Inventory
Zoom In : Use Inventory
Fullscreen : Attack
Dpad Enter jump

N800/810 Ready2Run version here (12 megs)
N800 mmc1 version here (311 kb)
N8x0 mmc2 version here (311 kb)
770 version here (374 kb)

For mmc versions grab data in zip (11.5 megs) or tar format (12 megs) to extract to mmc. The eventual data (pak) should be in /hexen2/data1 dir but those archives contain that structure so just extract at root.

Also you can buy Hexen 2 for $4.95 on Valve's Steam id games, Quake1 is $9.95, and Quake 2 is $9.95. Note this game is Hexen 2 not the first Hexen. I also would not 'expect' mission packs to work with any of the maemo ports although some might in the future.
Attached Images

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-02-02 at 23:29.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
If there is a request for N770...

I'd like to vote for!
Currently I'm waiting for my N770 and as a fan of Hexen series I'd love to waste some time on this one.

Well after mentioning that i realized that this is based on q2 engine instead of q1 engine (and released 1 year after q2 so its probably enhanced q2 engine).

I think 770 gets around 7fps in q1 so probably half that for q2+hexen2

So i wouldnt get hopes up but i could still do a build if you want.

Hexen 1 is based on doom engine which you definately have power for, so that might be the best solution to 770 hexen. I might look into that too.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
H2 is based on Q1 engine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XTC For This Useful Post:
You sir, know your hexen

You are correct, so it might work. I don't have a 770 anymore so i cant test it though, which means i'll need feedback.

I've compiled a build for 770 which expects data on mmc1. I've got deb installer and the data in your choice of tar or zip format to put on mmc1 (just extract it at root so pak is in /hexen/data1 dir).

770 Build here :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...mes/770-Builds

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-01-29 at 03:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Pipeline,

Nice job!
Thanks,
Dan

can't wait to try this on a fresh n800!!!

great work....i just try it on my 770, and it runs pretty well arround 7/fps , the 1st level loading takes like 2 minutes.....

its as playable as quake...

is ti running on pixeldouble ringht? i say it because as quake... when an enmy hits me the display goes 1:1 can u fix that?

Thanks for feedback. Sounds about right, and you could reduce screensize in options menu if needed more speed (assuming that helps).

Yea its running pixel doubling which is vulnerable to visual glitches... you could disable pixel doubling but then youd have to squint to see 400x240 instead of zoomed.

Very rarely i will see similar flashing (using pixel doubling on 800)when picking up item or taking damage... you see that every time? I looked and couldnt find option (like config variable) to disable flash, maybe someone else knows of one. Also do you have same issue when no other programs/windows/icons are running in background?

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-01-30 at 00:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
yes it happens everytime an enemy hits me.....

by the way, how can i customize the keys...?