Active Topics

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
What about patch for changing operator name on the lockscreen ?
Can someone create this patch/plugin ?

EDIT:
I found here: /run/state/providers/ofono/Cellular a few files that content a relevant info (Name etc...), but i can't change them not as ROOT and not as USER
Also I can't change ownership of this files, I get error:
Code:
[root@Jolla ~]# chown root:root /run/state/providers/ofono/Cellular/NetworkName
chown: changing ownership of `/run/state/providers/ofono/Cellular/NetworkName': Function not implemented
[root@Jolla ~]#

Last edited by Schturman; 2014-05-21 at 05:57.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
How much time will take you to provide new lipstick-qt5 after system update ? We need waiting for new version from you or we can install it from previous version ?
I need to have another version of lipstick. It should be quick. Don't ever reinstall old lipstick.

Found a little bug in "Control center".
It always happens after reboot. For some reasons it not activate the "Mobile data" button, you can't use it (see first image).
In the system setting it activated and work = on/off (see second image)
In this case restart of lipstick fix it.
I think it's a known bug. Not totally related to me, but embedding settings panel inside lipstick causes bugs too ...

What about patch for changing operator name on the lockscreen ?
Can someone create this patch/plugin ?
[root@Jolla ~]#[/CODE]
It can be easy to go to pandora lipstick QML folder and patch here instead of tweaking ofono.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
wish: provide process_to_kill option for json. some patches are useless without killing process after applying patch because of system prestart.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
As I cannot maintain and manage everything, I'm thinking of moving packages to an organization on github.

I have created https://github.com/sailfishos-patches, and welcome everybody who want to contribute to join this organization. Feel free to ping me (PM, IRC, Twitter with your github nick) in order to be added !

Soon, AUSMT, patchmanager, will be moved to this organization too, and I will create new repositories / packages, in order to centralize patches.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Right ! All packages have been migrated. The first post will be changed when I generate new packages and push them to openrepos.

In short: https://github.com/sailfishos-patches is the place to be. You will find
  • patchmanager source
  • ausmt source
  • base patches
  • advanced patches (old pandora-box)

I might add other patch collections in the future, but you can do too ! Feel free to contribute !

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
And finally, new arch implies new release. This release don't contain exciting stuff, as I don't had time to implement more patches. But it contains some features in patchmanager (like uninstalling a patch even if the package containing it has been removed, or relaunching prestarted services).

Grab new patchmanager at OpenRepos.

Pandora-box (and stock patches) got lost during transition to the new layout system. Please now use sailfishos-patches-XXX. Before uninstalling old packages, be sure to unapply patches too.

Grab new packages at OpenRepos

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Just to make sure.

I should unapply all the patches, uninstall them all, and then install the new ones sailfishos-patch-xxx? They cannot be mixed?

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
What am i doing wrong.. I unapplied all patches, deleted and installed new ones. But now when i'm applying patches, i can't restart preloaded services...

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Rome, Italy
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to uninstall the former pandora-eventview-controls, which came as stand-alone patch on OpenRepos. Through zypper I saw i have two builds, 0.1.1 and 0.2.1 but I'm not able to remove neither of them.

I tried to remove them both with patchmanager installed and uninstalled, both of them were unsuccessful.
Code:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.1tDGlD: line 1: /sbin/patchmanager: No such file or directory
error: %preun(pandora-eventview-controls-0.1-1.armv7hl) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
error: pandora-eventview-controls-0.1-1.armv7hl: erase failed

Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: %preun(pandora-eventview-controls-0.2-1.armv7hl) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: pandora-eventview-controls-0.2-1.armv7hl: erase failed
How can I overcome this?

Originally Posted by fravaccaro View Post
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to uninstall the former pandora-eventview-controls, which came as stand-alone patch on OpenRepos. Through zypper I saw i have two builds, 0.1.1 and 0.2.1 but I'm not able to remove neither of them.

I tried to remove them both with patchmanager installed and uninstalled, both of them were unsuccessful.
Code:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.1tDGlD: line 1: /sbin/patchmanager: No such file or directory
error: %preun(pandora-eventview-controls-0.1-1.armv7hl) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
error: pandora-eventview-controls-0.1-1.armv7hl: erase failed

Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: %preun(pandora-eventview-controls-0.2-1.armv7hl) scriptlet failed, exit status 2
error: pandora-eventview-controls-0.2-1.armv7hl: erase failed
How can I overcome this?
Woow, that's not nice. For patchmanager issue, the best is to create an empty file in /sbin/patchmanager (like touch /sbin/patchmanager).

For the eventsview-control, grab the newer version from openrepos that should be uninstallable. If this doesn't work, you should use:

Code:
rpm -e --noscripts pandora-eventview-controls
that should remove the package without invoking the script.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os