Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
And how do you cancel an order? I've never seen an option to do that.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Actually the phone reports that the SoC model is an 8930, which is a Krait 200.

Oh, I misremembered . Thanks for correcting.

Actually the phone reports that the SoC model is an 8930, which is a Krait 200, pretty much the low-to-middle end of the Snapdragon 400 range, a range that Qualcom themselves describe as being "[d]esigned for mid-tier smartphones".
If it is 8930 Jolla is overclocked. If it is 8930AA or 8930AB it isn't. Or wikipedia is wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdra...Snapdragon_400

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Actually the phone reports that the SoC model is an 8930, which is a Krait 200, pretty much the low-to-middle end of the Snapdragon 400 range, a range that Qualcom themselves describe as being "[d]esigned for mid-tier smartphones".
There are multiple variants of the 8930 and from what I can gather the dmesg dump just reports 8930 for all of them.

The base 8930 is Krait 200 based and runs at up to 1.2Ghz. The 8930 AA and AB are Krait 300 based and usually run at up to 1.7Ghz.

That implies it's either an overclocked 8930 or an underclocked 8930 AA/AB or some other variant of 8930 previously not seen.

Edit: MisterMaster beat me to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm waiting for my jolla. But my deadline is Christmas. I don't really need just want to support them. But 399 for beta is a bit...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
We have already diverted from the boring mainstream track with droids and fruits by ordering the Jolla.
A new fresh player is in town and he does the best to come up with an alternative that doesn't suck the life out of the user base.

Why would I cancel an order due to 4G if I KNOW that Jolla will fix that as soon as they can and also given the fact that there is a whole community like this behind that does all the best things to come up with applications and cool hardware stuff.
Personally I regard this as whining over details when so much else cool stuff is to expect.

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
EDIT

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm waiting for my jolla. But my deadline is Christmas. I don't really need just want to support them. But 399 for beta is a bit...
right! me, too. Christmas and not longer, we have wait enough.
I love to support jolla and spend little bit more to get an new OS, but not if there can´t send us before christmas, as promised!

I respect the loyalty and understand that there want deliver the Finns first. BUT that should have said just from the beginning!

Last edited by cvp; 2013-12-06 at 13:02.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
We have already diverted from the boring mainstream track with droids and fruits by ordering the Jolla.
A new fresh player is in town and he does the best to come up with an alternative that doesn't suck the life out of the user base.

Why would I cancel an order due to 4G if I KNOW that Jolla will fix that as soon as they can and also given the fact that there is a whole community like this behind that does all the best things to come up with applications and cool hardware stuff.
Personally I regard this as whining over details when so much else cool stuff is to expect.
Absolutely! There is no other phone maker with such commitment to the community. Employees are writing here and helping, explaining etc., even the founders are here in the forum. They just ask us for little patience, but no we are whining and whining...
Barnabas Collins

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
If it is 8930 Jolla is overclocked. If it is 8930AA or 8930AB it isn't. Or wikipedia is wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdra...Snapdragon_400
I think the dmesg showed it as an 8930AA

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
That implies it's either an overclocked 8930 or an underclocked 8930 AA/AB or some other variant of 8930 previously not seen.
The whole point being that it would be nice if Jolla could actually tell us which it is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post: