Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
If you're on devel repo, then updating to 3.3.0.16 should be done, yes.
Have upgraded from testing 3.2.1.20 to devel 3.3.0.16. Everything works much better! Except lockscreen/ lipstick is stuck in portrait, but that's not that important.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Code:
sed -e "s/return allowed/return Orientation.All/" -i  /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Silica/Page.qml
Might help?
I had to do it again after some update to have landscape homescreen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Guys, try out bluetooth after latest update!
Suddenly everything (Headset / Car Unit / Pebble) works for me.

Could
not
be
happier.
Wow, Thanks porters!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I get stable bluetooth connections to my car and one tested headset, but I still don't get audio routed to them for some reason.

In addition the screen doesn't seem to turn off during a call any more, so I've put someone on hold twice this morning with my ear

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Oh, i am currently listening to soma.fm on my headset from Proš.
Maybe you need to set the receiving device to A2DP manually or change the used profile/device in Sailfish Bluetooth UI settings?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Had already tried that for the headset, with no useful result. It certainly tries to route audio sometimes (I can hear very faint keypad tones when dialling) but not all the time. I was going to test it in the car when I go out tomorrow, but I've given up.

After a couple of calls today, this 'ear dialling' problem has rendered the phone unusable.

It's hard enough to make a living at the moment without hanging up on the same customer 6 times in two days

Pro1 goes back in the box until I feel a lot more relaxed, back to JollaC for a while

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There is a simple tool for choosing the audio output in OpenRepos:

https://openrepos.net/content/ahappy...output-chooser

Just FYI.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Hi all, I received my Pro^1 recently, and I'm checking it for defects before installing Sailfish on it. I found one, but I'm not sure it's a hardware-related. Every time I record a video a crackling sound is heard at the beginning and at the end of recording. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a software or hardware issue (or normal)?

I guess it will suffice to test all wireless technologies, audio (speaker & jack), mic, camera, keyboard, SIM/SDCard slots and (I guess )usb-c data transmission...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
I guess it will suffice to test all wireless technologies, audio (speaker & jack), mic, camera, keyboard, SIM/SDCard slots and (I guess )usb-c data transmission...
Yes, indeed, if the major hardware features work it is save to move to sailfish. There are many quirks in the official android still.
You might want to try to get a GPS fix in Android to confirm it works since that is one of the few unsolved issues. For most sfos Proš GPS works in sfos, for few not.

Even if you discover problems much later it is possible to fully backup sailfish to sdcard, flash android to test hardware, then revert to backup as proven by @kabouik

Congratulations on getting the Proš delivered!
Such a relief to see things move again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yeah, PM quota in 2020. Sorry about that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
fxtec pro1, sailfish os