Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Is it possible to build new SFOS which will be based on CM12.1 for nexus 5? Is it crucial for newer SFOS to run on newer BASE android?

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2018 @ Seoul Korea
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Is it possible to build new SFOS which will be based on CM12.1 for nexus 5? Is it crucial for newer SFOS to run on newer BASE android?
Do you have the reason to use the CM older version?
I do not understand to use the CM base older version.

The Following User Says Thank You to runwithcow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by runwithcow View Post
Do you have the reason to use the CM older version?
I do not understand to use the CM base older version.
Of course. Since SFOS moved to CM13 base there is no option to run android apk programs. With CM12.1 base on Nexus 5 it worked perfectly fine, except some apps which did not have sound. With CM11 base on nexus 5 and nexus 4 there was 100% success i have tested bunch of android programs.

All this with Aliendalvik of course. AD does not work with CM13 base. Both Nexus 5 and Nexus 4 use CM13 base on latest SFOS version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2018 @ Seoul Korea
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Of course. Since SFOS moved to CM13 base there is no option to run android apk programs. With CM12.1 base on Nexus 5 it worked perfectly fine, except some apps which did not have sound. With CM11 base on nexus 5 and nexus 4 there was 100% success i have tested bunch of android programs.

All this with Aliendalvik of course. AD does not work with CM13 base. Both Nexus 5 and Nexus 4 use CM13 base on latest SFOS version.

I had found SFOS for the alternative Andriod exactly Google.
So.I will not try Andriod(Google) Apps and will try to get the proper Apps in the Jollar and Openrepos. If I try to use Android(Google) Apps, I will reuse Android(Google) OS.

Last edited by runwithcow; 2019-08-14 at 23:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to runwithcow For This Useful Post:
For those who consider updating: Camera isn't working in 3.1.0.12, at least for me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by runwithcow View Post
I had found SFOS for the alternative Andriod exactly Google.
So.I will not try Andriod(Google) Apps and will try the proper Apps in the Jollar and Openrepos. If I try to use Android(Google) Apps, I will Android(Google) OS.
What proper apps? There is not even good browser for this OS. Just one which sucks! No games AT ALL. Some 2-3 2d games.

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2019 @ France
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
For those who consider updating: Camera isn't working in 3.1.0.12, at least for me.
Hi,
Same here, camera isn't working after upgrading to 3.1.0.12.
And I have no sound at all.

Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I am totally excited to see the update to 3.1.0.12 coming around. Before I try to upgrade, let me ask a few questions:
  • Did you upgrade from 3.0.3.9?
  • Are you sure the camera worked before the upgrade?
  • Has anybody else tried to upgrade, yet?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2019 @ France
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I am totally excited to see the update to 3.1.0.12 coming around. Before I try to upgrade, let me ask a few questions:
  • Did you upgrade from 3.0.3.9?
  • Are you sure the camera worked before the upgrade?
  • Has anybody else tried to upgrade, yet?
I tried to upgrade to 3.1.0.12 two times,
- first one, camera wasn't working, and no sound at all. but I didn't pay attention the version I was currently in, maybe 3.0.0.8 or so. that was perhaps to be expected.
- second time this morning, clean install in 3.0.3.9 (camera and sound OK) then upgrade to 3.1.0.12. camera still not working, I have now sound but the up/down volume buttons don't work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to speyside For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by speyside View Post
... then upgrade to 3.1.0.12. camera still not working...
Merci for your quick response. I assume mautz must still be working on this. Presumably, that is why there hasn't been an official announcement. Never mind, let's wait and hang on.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post: