Hi i have problem using the power kernel v47 specially when using the ulv and xlv it keeps killing my n900 randomly but when i have it on lv it seems to be okay but then this way i cant benefit from the low voltage and longer battery life! What can i do to have stable ulv and xlv profile?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Hi i have problem using the power kernel v47 specially when using the ulv and xlv it keeps killing my n900 randomly but when i have it on lv it seems to be okay but then this way i cant benefit from the low voltage and longer battery life! What can i do to have stable ulv and xlv profile?
You can buy a new N900 and hope that its processor handles voltages it wasn't advertised to work at. The very underlying premise of overclocking/undervolting is that some processors perform better than spec. If all did, they would spec them differently to begin with.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Bad news about packet injection driver for power-kernel.

I contacted more times David Gnedt, author of wl1251 packet injection patch, but without responce. Two Months ago he wrote that he prepairing scripts bo build wl1251 driver from compact-wireless for kernel-power. So I was not doing anything with driver wl1251. He does not responce on my mail about state, so If somebody still waiting for wl1251 driver from compact-wireless can still wait and belive...
But what is the point now? Using KP47, bleeding-edge wireless drivers works like charm (i can recommend using wifi drivers selector applet, to load/unload bleeding edge drivers, and to turn wifi on/off - it's up-to-date replacement for wifi-switcher).

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
But what is the point now? Using KP47, bleeding-edge wireless drivers works like charm (i can recommend using wifi drivers selector applet, to load/unload bleeding edge drivers, and to turn wifi on/off - it's up-to-date replacement for wifi-switcher).
Yeah, but who wants a stupid wifi switcher appz when we can have the injection driver provided with the kernel?

Pali, David is somtimes on the #maemo IRC channel on freenode. His name is 'LXP'.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
the EXISTING modules can be shipped with the kernel, then just have to be manually replaced when packaging.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Because there are no wl1251 kernel modules with packet injection recompiled for v47. All kernel modules *MUST* be recompiled agains actual kernel version for proper working.

the modules ignore kernel extraversion once stripped. They work fine with v47 - provided the patch doesn't get mangled to v48, there's no reason they won't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
If in >=v48 will be no patch which change exported symbols or table...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Well hopefully not. If v48 final is in git, I can c/o and see if they work.

the wl modules worked fine for me in v47 (tested injecting, etc)

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou