Posts: 68 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Melbourne, Australia
I have two "dead" N900s that I want to fix, but I've given up on soldering the USB ports (went through 5 new ports already). Yes, I am a victim of the dreaded USB drop demon!
So I am after another N900, or just the motherboard. It must be working (proof reqd) and the USB port must be solid and working and able to charge the battery.
I am in Australia though.
Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elcaito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
Hi Elcaito,

I've got an N900 which has German keyboard, some scratches on the screen and a functionable but little bit faulty display. While cleaning the panel I accidently flooded it with alcohol. The mainboard is in a good condition. I would send it to you in the original package. Since the battery died last month it doesn't have one. I can send you some pictures and a proof that it's working with another battery I have.

I'd like to have 60€. Sending to Australia would be around 16€ (without insurance) from Germany. Insurance will be 4€ extra.

Greetings

Last edited by Hensch; 2019-01-30 at 10:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by elcaito View Post
I have two "dead" N900s that I want to fix, but I've given up on soldering the USB ports (went through 5 new ports already). Yes, I am a victim of the dreaded USB drop demon!
So I am after another N900, or just the motherboard. It must be working (proof reqd) and the USB port must be solid and working and able to charge the battery.
I am in Australia though.
Thanks
Any tips on what went wrong with soldering the USB ports? I haven't got the courage to even try it yet.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

P.S. I am in Australia and do have a few Nokia N900 in various condition - but none in a condition bad enough that only motherboard is working. Most of them have USB ports not working - and the one that has working USB port, has non-working cellular. So, sorry, but not sharing

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Let's see if I can get hold on to one. It will be clear tomorrow. Just shared three N900 so have to find more before sharing more. If I will get it about 30eur I can then sent it to you. Plus postal costs from Finland.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Stupid bidding page didn't show me that the other one had automated bidding on. Already thought that I got it with 26eur but it went to the other bidder with that. He got 7 phones, one N900 and one symbian phone whichn I was interested. Sorry. Have to wait for other bargains before I will share more N900s.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
...and the one that has working USB port, has non-working cellular...
Sorry, I wasn't back on tmo at the time you posted. Just seeing by searching the most recent post containing "usb" + "fix".
Anyway,
Did you try to remove the antenna and clean the contacts or try another antenna from the other n900 to fix the cellular problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post: