Active Topics

Notices

I am not sure how to fix this issue. Did you try the site in private mode already ? Maybe it is a cookie issue.
If you encountered the problem only after the recent SailfishOS updates it might be that Jolla changed somethink in the underlying webkit engine causing this problem.

Donate using Liberapay

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
You know you can use the permanent system lock (can be always accessible with one swipe if you install the settings plugin and enable the 'Event screen controls' patch from Patchmanager), right?
Or if you don't want to do that, you can always hold a finger on the screen while rotating and set a temporary lock that way.

I don't think it needs to by implemented app by app when there's a system wide solution.

EDIT: I know the feature has been in Webcat since before this system setting was available...
Absolutely, I know. But I rarely use it because I don't want to lock all applications, the lock within Webcat is very convenient, and I just think it could be even more convenient.

App by app setting for that would be irrelevant indeed, but the browser might be one of the exceptions, because if there's an app that could justify by itself to rotate the smartphone, it's the browser.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2014-08-23 at 23:38.

Update: Version 0.9.8 is out with the following changes:
  • Added searchBar (don't use goto button as search button)
  • Added nightMode in readerMode (invert colors)
  • Fixed extraToolbar opening up behind other UI elements
  • Add keyboard hotkeys (for those with TOH Keyboard or bluetooth ones. Shortcuts are the same as with BlackBerry 10 OS except for W and Shift W opening up new tabs, windows)
  • Fix to open youtube videos in external player even when direct youtube url could not be detected (use ytapi link)
  • Added X button to text selection to dismiss it
  • Auto dismiss text selection when opening Text Selection editor
  • Use dialog for selectionEditPage
  • Added session saving (for now it only saves the lastSession regulary[every minute] and on close)
  • Fixed tab handling (correct tab titles, correct closing, ...)
  • Ui cleanup. Only 4 menuitems in pushmenu. Fixed padding ...
  • Use TextField labels whenever it makes sense (especially in settings)
  • Make long bookmark titles fade if to large to display
  • Added history page with option to delete history entries and load last session (see session saving)
  • Allow setting of global orientation (with WebView Lock mechanism is allowed to overwrite that)

get it directly from openrepos: https://openrepos.net/content/llelectronics/webcat
or wait a few days for approval in jolla store.

Keyboard Shortcuts implemented currently:
B - Bottom
T - Top
P - Previous Page
N - Next Page
L - Refresh
K - Bookmarks
S - Search
R - Reader Mode
W - New Tab
Shift + W - New Window

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Just awesome. Thanks!

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Seems like something happened after updating to Uitukka. Webcat doesn't load some websites anymore. Or, to be precise, it just keeps loading infinitely.

For example, I can't access my Raspberry Spotify server (musicbox browser gui) on home LAN anymore. Also, some websites just don't load. For example Review Jolla blog. Tried to reinstall the app but it didn't change anything.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
I'm on Uitukka - I can't test the musicbox interface, but Jolla Review loads fine (via both Webcat and the Sailfish Browser).

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Seems like something happened after updating to Uitukka. Webcat doesn't load some websites anymore. Or, to be precise, it just keeps loading infinitely.

For example, I can't access my Raspberry Spotify server (musicbox browser gui) on home LAN anymore. Also, some websites just don't load. For example Review Jolla blog. Tried to reinstall the app but it didn't change anything.
It was discussed on the Together Jolla Problems entry for the new Update.
As the new qtwebkit engine is there I would suggest removing the cache in the settings. This should make it work again.
If not maybe also removing cookies is necessary.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Nice, looks like clearing cache resolves the problem. And looks like I am an idiot. Anyway, thanks for helping me out.

I've just used this procedure to set Webcat as my default browser because although it does not always peform better than the default one (it depends on the website), it does 90% of the time.

However, opening a link in the email application will open Webcat but not the URL. It will just show Webcat homescreen. I guess it is due to Webcat not supporting URL arguments yet. Is it planned? It would be extremely useful because Webcat has now reached a point where it is actually better than the default browser, it would be very relevant for many users to use it as default browser now.

Actually webcat supports opening urls with arguments.
I guess the email app uses a special argument though which webcat does not understand.

Meanwhile another small update.
I am preparing the release of version 0.9.9 .
This version will come with translation support.
If you want to help translating to your language please go to the github page https://github.com/llelectronics/webcat and in the translations you can find a harbour-webcat.ts template.
I already added a german translation to it aswell.
Help for translating into other languages is appreciated. Just attach the file here (in a zip as ts files aren't allowed) or write me a mail, create a ticket on github and attach the file there.
Please also include the language you translated it to and if possible the language code (so for german: -de ; french: -fr and so on)

The current git version also includes some other nice improvements. The download manager fix from LLs Video Player made it also in webcat and youtube detection and showing mediabar now reloads also when you hit page reloading.
Also added was embedded youtube support So if you have a website with an embedded youtube video it should show the media bar and allow playing and downloading. (though this only works with one embedded video and will only load the last embedded video when multiple youtube videos are embedded on one page).

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, webbrowser