Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thanks, I already also checked this with idle 2 min and it worked like expected...
Continue searching...

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I can confirm this. Quite weird and annoying thing. I've never noticed this before because I always have background connections on.

Unfortunately I can't fix it.
I also noticed that when I have no background connections active, starting apps that uses the internet makes the internet connection to stay on until it is switched manually off. Connection will be left active even after shutting down all apps. For example going to Nokia store does it every time.

I'm not sure if it is related to this, but anyway it really seems that the OS is buggy in this respect. Fixing is probably quite hard, I guess it might require a firmware update.

Ok, i fixed psm problem by changing my rules, but it very strange that i needed to do this..
Also i noticed that stand-by screen not restored too.. I have one rule that start in 01:45 and finish in 06:45 with standby screen off + restore previous.. No it not restored... Also when i try to do it manually it restored and after some seconds returned to off...
I started to think mayby all this problem related to fastern9, the latest version (1.1.5)..

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
I have one rule that start in 01:45 and finish in 06:45 with standby screen off + restore previous.. No it not restored... Also when i try to do it manually it restored and after some seconds returned to off...
I started to think mayby all this problem related to fastern9, the latest version (1.1.5)..
I am also using such a rule with Faster N9 (1.1.5) and have no problems with restoring the previous settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Ok, i think i found where is the problem, not related to profilematic. Need some time to be sure...

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
* Custom action - Close internet+background connection and open them when rule deactivated
Could you please tell me how to close internet connection via terminal?

Edit: Just checked your rules from the zip file. It kill browsers and mail. Is there any terminal way to turn off internet connection just like we do via Settings > Internet Connection ?

@ajalkane
I hope next Profilematic update will have Internet connection On/Off in "Action" field so that I can set a condition and as action I can turn off internet connection. As of now it's only there for Condition field.

Last edited by AJMAL P.M; 2013-05-13 at 14:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to AJMAL P.M For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AJMAL P.M View Post
Could you please tell me how to close internet connection via terminal?

Edit: Just checked your rules from the zip file. It kill browsers and mail. Is there any terminal way to turn off internet connection just like we do via Settings > Internet Connection ?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=983

in one line for Profilematic:
Code:
sh -c "/sbin/mcetool --disable-radio=wlan && gconftool -s -t b /system/osso/connectivity/network_type/restricted_mode true"
The second command is for disable background connection too...

For enable:
Code:
sh -c "/sbin/mcetool --enable-radio=wlan && gconftool -s  -t b /system/osso/connectivity/network_type/restricted_mode  false"

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Somewhat related to the above, I think you all know this scenario:
You connect the charger over night and in the morning you find your device with only something like 93% batterypower, because it is online all the time no matter if you have powersaving enabled or not.

Now I would like to use profilematic to kill that data-connection as soon as 100% charging are reached (to act like in regular powersaving mode as if charger was not in place).
Ideally, deactivating the rule(s) would be triggered by unplugging the charger.

Is this possible? - If so, what would the steps be?
(I see I can combine charging state and battery level as conditions, but charging state doesn't differentiate between actually charging and charger connected, but actually not charging, right?)
Current Maemo Community Council member

AFAIK, if you leave your device to charge overnight it charges the phone to 100% and then stops charging (the battery would be damaged if it was "overcharged"). Then, when some threshold (~90%) is reached it starts drawing current again and charges it back to 100% when it is cut off again. The reason you see 93% (or whatever) in the morning is because it has reached 100% earlier and hasn't started to charge again. I don't think it has a lot to do with data connections.

It might be possible to calculate the charging time required for 100% at a given time and write a script that would control an external power source to turn on and charge the device for just the right time, but I very much doubt it would be worth the trouble.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by slarti View Post
The reason you see 93% (or whatever) in the morning is because it has reached 100% earlier and hasn't started to charge again. I don't think it has a lot to do with data connections.
The way the N9 handles charging is fine I think (prevent overcharge).
My point is only about the data-connection being active as long as the charger is plugged (actively charging or not). If that powerdrain by data-connection could be stopped when charging reached 100% I'd expect the battery to have more like 98% in the morning.

Also I'd like see restore of previous settings by unplugging the charger.
Current Maemo Community Council member