Notices

a 20$ donation is like a few pizzas man, and this software is NOT just another game or another bowser - it will add new capabilities to your n900 no other phone (that I know of anyway) has if you are that way inclined.

lol at the entitlement attitude displayed

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
jsomby: He's stated that it's a stock power kernel, with the only modification being cfg80211 or whatever being compiled as a module. If it's a slightly modified power kernel, but it doesn't explicitly say it removed overclocking (a default feature of power kernel for just about ever now), chances are it hasn't. (And if that's not clear enough: No, it doesn't remove overclocking support, meaning yes, you can overclock.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
I m pretty sure its not related to this, but shortly after installing the modded driver, my phone went crazy. The touchscreen quite working, including illumination and the wifi is gone, too. At least it went back on this morning with touchscreen working, the rest is still f***** up.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by stone17 View Post
I m pretty sure its not related to this, but shortly after installing the modded driver, my phone went crazy. The touchscreen quite working, including illumination and the wifi is gone, too. At least it went back on this morning with touchscreen working, the rest is still f***** up.
Only the wireless part is probably related to installing this and on that regard, did you run the unload.sh script to return back to normal wireless usage?

edit+: also a reboot should return you back to the state before you ran the load.sh script

Last edited by mooglez; 2010-12-30 at 08:10.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
As a extra feature, it would be great that the wlancond you distribute can connect automatically to wpa-eap. I just make you a very small donation (sorry, injection does not make the big difference to me), but if you could add this feature (there is alredy patches for this), i would donate 20$ mores (sorry, i'm not rich).

Pretoriano

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Pretoriano View Post
As a extra feature, it would be great that the wlancond you distribute can connect automatically to wpa-eap. I just make you a very small donation (sorry, injection does not make the big difference to me), but if you could add this feature (there is alredy patches for this), i would donate 20$ mores (sorry, i'm not rich).

Pretoriano
So, basically, you'd pay 20$ for an automated WPA-EAP cracker? Or are you suggesting something else? Because in my experience no one bothers making automated stuff (though, if you literally are willing to drop 20$ for it, I'm sure someone will provide).

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
So, basically, you'd pay 20$ for an automated WPA-EAP cracker? Or are you suggesting something else? Because in my experience no one bothers making automated stuff (though, if you literally are willing to drop 20$ for it, I'm sure someone will provide).
I believe he wants to be able to connect to an WPA-EAP network, that he already has legit credentials for.

According to forum threads here at tmo, N900 seems to be unable to do this by default

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mooglez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
No, sorry for my english, there is a "feature" (nokia says), that makes your n900 not connect automatically to wpa-eap, for example eduroam networks. I've seen that there is a modified source code of wlancond, wich fixes that. What I'm telling is: if lxp is alredy going to mantain his source and binaries with the latest kernel-power, and he is alredy distributing a modified wlancond, there would be great that he also add this feature.
My town has a wi-fi network with wpa-eap (like many universities) it would make the difference if I can walk over the town and de n900 can connect automatically to the wifi.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mooglez View Post
Only the wireless part is probably related to installing this and on that regard, did you run the unload.sh script to return back to normal wireless usage?

edit+: also a reboot should return you back to the state before you ran the load.sh script
A reflash did not fix it. The illumination is completely gone. Though, wifi is back working. Must be an hardware issue. I guess its just a coincidence that it failed right after I installed the modded drivers.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by stone17 View Post
A reflash did not fix it. The illumination is completely gone. Though, wifi is back working. Must be an hardware issue. I guess its just a coincidence that it failed right after I installed the modded drivers.
Definitely
I'm sorry

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251