Notices

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
What ever happened to this widget? I like this one the best but it's not available in the widget selector in FM RDS Notify. Does anyone have a link to it?

Also, maybe it was answered already.... what are the call/sms icons/functions for in the widget?
I still have it but it is kinda hard to push the buttons, but if you want it i can send it. I'm not sure but i could also be in one of my previous posts, check the topic.

Hi all,

I can do scroll but it should be very very slow as the RDS encoding / decoding by most car system took around 5 to 10s to display the data send.

Btw i have to fix the SMS stuff too, and have idea for new functionnality like hands free

Fabrice
How come it will be so slow? The big radio stations switch the rds texts very fast.
Maybe if it will be too damn slow you could fix the breaking of the words so it would fit to the 8 or 10 digit display.

An handsfree option would rock!

The Following User Says Thank You to Maharadja For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
I still have it but it is kinda hard to push the buttons, but if you want it i can send it. I'm not sure but i could also be in one of my previous posts, check the topic.

How come it will be so slow? The big radio stations switch the rds texts very fast.
Maybe if it will be too damn slow you could fix the breaking of the words so it would fit to the 8 or 10 digit display.

An handsfree option would rock!
On my car system if i send RDS PS too fast the display is not in the right order.

Anyway i can change the string display by only display word in the display and if the end of the word is outside i did not display it, but i display next word. French radio do like that.

Is it that you want ?

The Following User Says Thank You to BabelO For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BabelO View Post
On my car system if i send RDS PS too fast the display is not in the right order.

Anyway i can change the string display by only display word in the display and if the end of the word is outside i did not display it, but i display next word. French radio do like that.

Is it that you want ?
Thats excactly what i want. Works the same here in the Netherlands. But with titles of songs you'll need to break them anywhay if the title is longer then 8 digits(most rds displays)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maharadja For This Useful Post:
Thats excactly what i want. Works the same here in the Netherlands. But with titles of songs you'll need to break them anywhay if the title is longer then 8 digits(most rds displays)
Yes agree with that, i will do it. My other idea is with the handsfree sytem to display the current street name so if people on the otherside tell you where you are, just read RDS Text, lol.

Same for navigation, text can be displayed there.

Actually i drive with Sygic mobile and mp3 music, when sygic output song it replace current music.

Anyway i m working on QLandkarte M to add some functionnality like OpenStreetMap , openRoute, 3D view and waypoint search, so be patient

Fabrice

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabelO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Hello
i'm using FM RDS transmitter widget with great joy, but i noticed a couple of small bugs in it.

1) in settings sms-display, the "done" button is not responding, the other one's are working fine (mp3 tag display and phone call display)

2) when changing theme, the sms icon in theme stonda and stonda flipped stays "on", even when fm transmiter is off. The other theme's seems to working ok.
But when i manually remove the themes in the .fmrdsnotify folder, then the "default stonda flipped" cames up, wich is then working normally..

Some one else noticed the same problem???

I'am on PR1.3 titans kernel v46 oc'ed at 900MHz (stable so far)

Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
Hello
i'm using FM RDS transmitter widget with great joy, but i noticed a couple of small bugs in it.

1) in settings sms-display, the "done" button is not responding, the other one's are working fine (mp3 tag display and phone call display)

2) when changing theme, the sms icon in theme stonda and stonda flipped stays "on", even when fm transmiter is off. The other theme's seems to working ok.
But when i manually remove the themes in the .fmrdsnotify folder, then the "default stonda flipped" cames up, wich is then working normally..

Some one else noticed the same problem???

I'am on PR1.3 titans kernel v46 oc'ed at 900MHz (stable so far)
The sms function wasn't complete, at least i think...

The problem with the stonda skin is one i know. I don't use that skin, but maybe stonda could fix it?

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
The sms function wasn't complete, at least i think...

The problem with the stonda skin is one i know. I don't use that skin, but maybe stonda could fix it?
Ok thanks for the info, i use stonda, most complete,i like the design most and fits perfectly above mediaplayer widget.

I removed al the skins from .fmrdsnotify folder, Stonda skin, is default??? Because this one is still on the desktop, and now works normal.

I tried installing the other skins, then the stonda skin is no more selectable ( no stonda.svg in directory) they work well.
When i manually install/place stonda.svg in the .fmrdsnotify folder the sms icon stays on....

So in the meanwhile i stay without skins in .fmrdsnotfy folder.
Then stonda works fine......

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
after update today the widget keeps disappearing...

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
after update today the widget keeps disappearing...
It's doing the same for me, I hope it gets fixed quickly.

Gaz

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

I fixed the SMS functionnality, now fmrdsnotify depend on libqtm-messaging.

Stonda theme is fixed it was a typo in case sensitive xml.

About people who have issue, sorry i have updated also over repository and it is working there. If someone can go in terminal and start it by hand to see the output, i can solve then.

Fabrice