Notices

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Have you guys checked FM Transmitter status menu applet thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43395&page=3

With that jacekowskis binary from here: http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD you don't need FM boost anymore because the power level is always set to 120 and the frequency goes below 87.5.

Before going ahead with the mod I recommend reading the full thread. I have the FM Transmitter status menu applet with jacekowskis binary set up and it works very well.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by smokva View Post
Like the idea, like it alot. Id like the widget to be small. Possibly the same width or height as mediaplayer widget depending on is it going to be vertical or horizontal. I have no trouble hitting even smaller buttons whilst driving... hah famous last words.

I could make a rough example what i mean but i only have n900 atm. so no photoshop today...
well vertically my thumb uses about 1/3 of the screen, so would need to be relatively large, (whole screen) horizontally would require less space but would be harder to use while driving,

as it is with all the seperate widgets i seem to be using 1/3rd off a whole desktop i've designated for media. so even with an extra frequency function incorporating it all would be less messy than current usage,

that said, how bout a quick opinion survey? such as a) i want it small and pretty or b) i need it slightly bigger and functional?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
Have you guys checked FM Transmitter status menu applet thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43395&page=3

With that jacekowskis binary from here: http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD you don't need FM boost anymore because the power level is always set to 120 and the frequency goes below 87.5.

Before going ahead with the mod I recommend reading the full thread. I have the FM Transmitter status menu applet with jacekowskis binary set up and it works very well.

Hey friend, any idea how to install that script, there are no instructions!

I use only one desktop screen for everything so I want it small and pretty. Same size buttons as the media player widget so you can just place it underneath.

Am I the only one?

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Viny View Post
Hey friend, any idea how to install that script, there are no instructions!
I recommend that you read the whole thread since there are some issues, but here are the instructions: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...6&postcount=58

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
even more progress!

thin it looks much neater than what we have already from your original concept! but may i suggest arranging icons vertically, and further spaced apart?
this way you can place it at the far side of the screen and could operate it without looking while you are driving, much safer!
I'll try and make 2 concepts. one horizontal and one vertical. Anyone got an suggesting for colors or size?

The Following User Says Thank You to Maharadja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
I'll try and make 2 concepts. one horizontal and one vertical. Anyone got an suggesting for colors or size?
i like the green/red on off combo off the current fmtx widget, matched with the fmrds green/red status's. and for the vertical one i'd say 3 large buttons, fm on/off, skip to next preset or +0.1mhz depending which solution is implemented (if any) and skip to next song. dunno bout where the fmrds status would fit into this though...

for the small and pretty one smaller buttons would allow for previous track and rds status easier. perhaps a black and white style to fit more themes?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Well to be honest, I went a bit roque and made my own ideal widget.
If this is possible(programming wize) it would be very nice.

This is nothing more than a "snap on" widget. Because you can place widgets over each other, why not use it?

The widget itself will only be this so you can place the mediaplayerwidget on top of this one.
Any comments?
If someone could do the programming, I can give you the art
My programming skills for the Maemo platform are 0 and I don't know where to start...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maharadja For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Looks promising!

Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
The widget itself will only be this so you can place the mediaplayerwidget on top of this one.
Any comments?
If someone could do the programming, I can give you the art
That looks very good, I like it a lot.