Use gpspipe, maybe; should be able to pull it all together with shell scripts.

If that's not your style, write a C, Vala, Perl, or Python app. Or LISP, or whatever.

But I think a shell script's gonna be the easiest way to get something rolling.

My GPL-ed minigpsd (http://www.zdez.org/minigpsd_0.29.tar.gz www.zdez.org/minigpsd_0.29_armel.deb) will log to KML files, normally on the external card but includes the NMEA stream from the internal GPS and an external GPS simultaneously (and can switch). You need to edit the conf with notepad (gconf is next on my list). It also has a webserver for google maps.

It also has J1850 (obd-ii style) data from my motorcycle and I have a basic instrument cluster in Python (#2 on my todo), but it takes 60% cpu and I need to get that down.

(I could upload to the internet directly, but I could also just do a sync the log directory every 5 minutes or when near an open AP like my PHS).

Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
My GPL-ed minigpsd (http://www.zdez.org/minigpsd_0.29.tar.gz www.zdez.org/minigpsd_0.29_armel.deb) will log to KML files, normally on the external card but includes the NMEA stream from the internal GPS and an external GPS simultaneously (and can switch). You need to edit the conf with notepad (gconf is next on my list). It also has a webserver for google maps.

It also has J1850 (obd-ii style) data from my motorcycle and I have a basic instrument cluster in Python (#2 on my todo), but it takes 60% cpu and I need to get that down.

(I could upload to the internet directly, but I could also just do a sync the log directory every 5 minutes or when near an open AP like my PHS).
Cool I am check it out now looks very cool . I can;t seem to find the config file .. I looked under /etc . I install the DEB . I like to get eather your app working for my setup or have someone make or add GPSgate.com client into there app. meamo mapper if there was a plugin for gpsgate .

But your app looks like it will do just what i am looking for . Can you give me any tips and some how to like where is the config ? .. Thanks computerfreek

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
I'm looking at getting an S60 phone just for this GPS based software

http://www.racechrono.com/?lang=en
http://handheld.softpedia.com/progSc...hot-59811.html

Ok I found the Config file !! .. So looking at yur src code it looks like maybe there is a way to even use GPSgate.com . To update the URL for there site .
Is there anyway you can help me with adding gpsgate.com client or just do it by that URL as I posted befor . It looks like in the code if under web.c that maybe the place to add in the info to post that URL . I am not good at doing any kind of CODE . Thats why i am asking if someone can please work with me .

Thanks
computerfreek.com

MiniGPSD is workinng great . But still like a way to off load the data to gpsgate.com or even my rss feed site with the kml's done on an auto update .

Last edited by computerfreek; 2008-10-01 at 14:48. Reason: Checking out minigpsd

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
Originally Posted by totix800 View Post
to do some tracking and analyzing in OpenStreetMap.
Is there a good tutorial how and in which order I have to start gpsd, gpsdriver and what ever is necessary to read the data from a pseudo file like I was able to do it with /dev/pts/0.
I don't know about gpsd and gpsdriver but will this let you do what you want?

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Has anyone tried Mologogo?
It's a free "Java-based cellphone application" that allows you to:
- See where you are and where you've been
- Find friends who are close by and chat with them
- Search for local points of interest
- Keep track of kids, employees, and vehicles
- Check real-time local traffic and weather
- Share your location info on blogs or web pages
- Post your location to Twitter

I sent them a mail regarding support for Maemo.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
We don't have Java on Maemo.