Active Topics

I think the number of times I froze/locked up my N900 might have led to the battery life decreasing (due to the amount of heat generated from the processor being stuck at 600 when it locked up).

Reasons why:

- From a full charge (which displays around 98% after unplugging) it falls to 90% within minutes.

- Despite being idle, it drains rather quickly (I've monitored it with top via an ssh session and htop on the N900). It's impossible to idle for an entire day like I use to.

And yes I have installed extras-devel software, but no process is running (I've checked). I've even re-flashed the N900 and avoided installing any applications (just the default settings I use like 3/5 brightness) and it still can't idle for long (like it use to).

This leads me to think that some of the battery cells have died. But now the question is how would I check this. I don't have access to a spare battery (I want to avoid buying one to see if this is really the issue). Do you think calling Nokia Customer Service would require me to send my N900 to them? I rather avoid doing that just for a battery. Meh, why can't Nokia have an official store somewhere near D.C.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

How old is it? Aren't batteries covered by a 6 month warranty or something silly?

I got the device back in the first or second week of Jan. But I think there's a one year warranty on the N900 itself (not sure if that covers batteries).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...