Notices

Ah ok, is true, but however the games run correctly and also the saving.
For e.g. i've installed Driver and it automatic save the progress, then the issue of assign correct permission don't arise

try it to believe

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
do the game datafiles really require +x flag? The executable file is in ext3 with q3 anyway
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
Yes, you can just create a symlink. Ie. if the files are in MyDocs/baseq3 you can open the terminal and type "ln -s /home/user/MyDocs/baseq3 .q3a/baseq3"
i just tried this and it actually worked

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
do the game datafiles really require +x flag? The executable file is in ext3 with q3 anyway
I'm not sure which or how many of the pak files need to be executable, but when I had moved them back to the default location from a backup on my SD card (where their permission had been set to the FAT32 non executable default value) the game would not run.

The game was able to start again after I did a chmod -R 777 on the pak file's directory.

Maybe there was something else at work and this was just a coincidence, but after all the problems with WebOS game permissions, the execute flag is what I first though of.

Last edited by cddiede; 2010-11-19 at 15:11.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
I'm not sure which or how many of the pak files need to be executable, but when I had moved them back to the default location from a backup on my SD card (where their permission had been set to the FAT32 non executable default value) the game would not run.

The game was able to start again after I did a chmod -R 777 on the pak file's directory.

Maybe there was something else at work and this was just a coincidence, but after all the problems with WebOS game permissions, the execute flag is what I first though of.
I REALLY doubt datafiles need executable permissions. After all, they are not executables. I do think you had some other issue, like f.ex. having the actual executable binary missing permissions.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
i just tried this and it actually worked
Goodie But I knew it would work.