Active Topics

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
The problem has come up that some Core Members of Maemo Community are left out of dev discount program because they have low karma. For one reason or another thy have either are newer members or don't make use of maemo.org services.

I propose that we come up with a way to include some of these members, I would say about 10 of them and get them into the dev discount program. We have a voting method setup for Maemo Council elections and I think it would be easily adapted to allow members to vote on people they feel are Core Members that don't have the Karma to be in program any other way.

We can let the same people who vote for Community Council vote for these people. They can be nominated by them selves or by other members.

This is just my idea people feel free to propose any ideas you have.

List of Proposed Members to Receive discount.
Nathan - VM Work
Author or NoteCase -- Only one project but it is a great product Detlef Schmicker, Aaron Levinson - VNC Viewer
Ed Page - DialCentral
Marcelo Lira - BattleJeweled (Popular game)
Tim Edmuds - NumptyPhysics (Popular game)

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2009-10-16 at 19:50.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
The problem has come up that some Core Members of Maemo Community are left out of dev discount program because they have low karma. For one reason or another thy have either are newer members or don't make use of maemo.org services.

I propose that we come up with a way to include some of these members, I would say about 10 of them and get them into the dev discount program. We have a voting method setup for Maemo Council elections and I think it would be easily adapted to allow members to vote on people they feel are Core Members that don't have the Karma to be in program any other way.

We can let the same people who vote for Community Council vote for these people. They can be nominated by them selves or by other members.

This is just my idea people feel free to propose any ideas you have.
Perhaps starting by identifying these folks would make things easier. Then perhaps there may be a simpler way than this to include them into the program?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Perhaps starting by identifying these folks would make things easier. Then perhaps there may be a simpler way than this to include them into the program?
Only good way to figure out how these people are is to have people suggest who they are. You will end up with tons of people and you will have to have some way for voting, or we can just let Nokia decided

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
100% agree with penguinbait.

There's a feeling that some people may have been excluded. Who are they? Have they?

Let's name names and ask, rather than coming up with a solution on handing out discounts to people who may not exist!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Well if you feel you should have gotten in on Dev Discount Program or if you feel someone else should have post there name here and lets build a list. Please check to make sure that person does not have 200 karma before posting there name. Also it might help to include why they deserve to be in program. As people are added I will compile a list in first post.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Nathan and Hogwash for the way they responded to the bible app request

Mike C

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Well if you feel you should have gotten in on Dev Discount Program or if you feel someone else should have post there name here and lets build a list. Please check to make sure that person does not have 200 karma before posting there name. Also it might help to include why they deserve to be in program. As people are added I will compile a list in first post.
I'd just like to add this is for people who already deserve one, not for people who are going to do X or Y so give me one. This would be a list of proven folks who were perhaps overlooked.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
I agree with you.

Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Nathan and Hogwash for the way they responded to the bible app request

Mike C
Thanks, but I agree with penguinbait and andrewfblack -- it really should be based on "past" behavior. My VM would apply, but me or Hogwash working on the Rapier port does not apply. (Thanks anyway I appreciate the vote of confidence!)

Nathan.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Well, other thing to consider is if the developer is a long standing contributor or just appeared now that Maemo is cool. My feeling is that the 'majority' of the complains came from community members <3 months inside the community.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post: