Notices

My N800 can never reliably view the Fry's Electronics ad. I don't know if it has to do with downloading so many images (rollovers) or if it's something else. Anybody else experience this or have a workaround solution? Thanks!

The link is: http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/...px?advid=32664

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
A better place to access the Fry's ads might be the non-Fry's site:

Fry's ad

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Thanks, geneven. Is there a way to see it visually rather than reading it? That's what I prefer about the visual version.

Seeing it visually rather than reading it? I'm not sure I understand. Are you reading html code rather than it decoding the html to show a regular web site? Maybe you have set your browser not to display images or not to decode the html?

Or maybe you are saying that you don't see images of computers and stuff. If so, I don't know a way around that -- you'd have to fix the problem you have with the site you're seeing the San Jose Fry's ad from.

I like that third-party Fry's Ad site. They are providing quite a service.

I am getting email from Fry's too, that give me the weekly best deals. You probably get that too, I presume -- the one titled "FRYS.COM Weekly Specials!" That should display ok on your tablet, I think.

Also, note that if you click on the link for the item on the Fry's Ad site, you see the image of the original advertisement. That's pretty visual!

Last edited by geneven; 2009-03-28 at 01:13.

Thanks for the reply.

What I'm saying is that I prefer to see the graphical ad (the link I'm trying to use) instead of the textual ad (the link you provided). I find it easier/ faster to look at the pictures rather than reading line-by-line what is on sale.

The problem I have is that the graphical version tends to hang when I try to view it on my tablet. So, I was asking if people knew of other ways to views the visual/ graphical/ picture version without having the tablet hang.

Thanks!

Your link seems to work ok to me when I set my browser with View/Fit width to view OFF and seems to not work for me when I set that on. (I still prefer the textier version, though, and you can click on the links to see the original, individual images in all their glory.)

Last edited by geneven; 2009-03-28 at 18:26.