Notices

Originally Posted by mrp View Post
I'm having problems with version 0.9.9-4. Many times playlist stops after a couple of tracks and even with using 160kb stream I get caching problems, track stoppping. Speed meter shows my 3g download rate is over 5Mbs. Is this due to the change of libraries? I have CSSU installed. Empty cache is not a constant problem though.
I have actually experienced the same problems myself with the latest QSpot version, and I am quite sure they are related to changing the library. Buffering speed seems slower with the official lib of some reason, and this can cause stop of playback. Also the issue with playback stopping at track change now and then seems to present in the current version of the official library. I hope that an update will be released soon (I have understood that many issues have been fixed in the latest version that have been compiled for Harmattan, and is used by both the official N9 and MeeSpot clients).

I am working on the offline mode support, and it possible that this will solve some problems (in my tests playback has worked quite ok when listening to a playlist that has been synchronized offline). I am working on the UI elements for the offline mode currently, an update is indeed coming very soon..

An update to the official library was released today, and now it seems that most issues have been solved.. Also offline mode seems to work as expected now, and buffering speed has improved..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Just to show the progress; two screenshots of the upcoming QSpot version showing offline sync in progress..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9963673/QSpot_offline.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9963673/QSpot_offline_2.png

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Hej Aenbacka!

Just like you, I have been struggling with offline mode playback. Online it all works fine but offline: Nuthin

The log callback goes:
Log: 00:33:22.108 I [offline-mgr:2143] Storage has been cleaned
Metadata updated.
Now playing: Singing In The Rain
Log: 00:33:31.155 E [c:/spotify/libspotify/client/core/network/proxy_resolver_win32.c
Log: 00:33:31.193 I [ap:1766] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:4070
Log: 00:33:31.349 E [ap:1704] AP Socket Error: Hostname not found (11001)
Log: 00:33:31.360 E [ap:4097] Connection error: 4
Log: 00:33:31.369 I [ap:1766] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:443
Log: 00:33:31.382 E [ap:1704] AP Socket Error: Hostname not found (11001)
Log: 00:33:31.396 E [ap:4097] Connection error: 4
Log: 00:33:31.405 I [ap:1766] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:80
Log: 00:33:31.416 E [ap:1704] AP Socket Error: Hostname not found (11001)

etc. etc.

All API calls return nice looking values, as far as I can tell:
sp_session_connectionstate()
sp_offline_tracks_to_sync()
sp_playlist_get_availability()
sp_track_get_availability()
sp_session_player_load()

As you have been struggling with the very same beast, perhaps you have a clue on what misstakes I might have made here. (Even though I am under Windows ) I don't know where else to turn.

I have not seen any explicit call to trigger offline download
( aside from: sp_playlist_set_offline_mode() )
Have I missed something?
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Adam

[EDIT: And: I have cleared the cache&settings after upgrading to 0.0.10 ]

Last edited by adamski; 2011-11-07 at 00:55.

Originally Posted by adamski View Post
Hej Aenbacka!

Just like you, I have been struggling with offline mode playback. Online it all works fine but offline: Nuthin

The log callback goes:
Log: 00:33:22.108 I [offline-mgr:2143] Storage has been cleaned
Metadata updated.
Now playing: Singing In The Rain
Log: 00:33:31.155 E [c:/spotify/libspotify/client/core/network/proxy_resolver_win32.c
Log: 00:33:31.193 I [ap:1766] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:4070
Log: 00:33:31.349 E [ap:1704] AP Socket Error: Hostname not found (11001)
Log: 00:33:31.360 E [ap:4097] Connection error: 4
Log: 00:33:31.369 I [ap:1766] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:443
Log: 00:33:31.382 E [ap:1704] AP Socket Error: Hostname not found (11001)
Log: 00:33:31.396 E [ap:4097] Connection error: 4
Log: 00:33:31.405 I [ap:1766] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:80
Log: 00:33:31.416 E [ap:1704] AP Socket Error: Hostname not found (11001)

etc. etc.

All API calls return nice looking values, as far as I can tell:
sp_session_connectionstate()
sp_offline_tracks_to_sync()
sp_playlist_get_availability()
sp_track_get_availability()
sp_session_player_load()

As you have been struggling with the very same beast, perhaps you have a clue on what misstakes I might have made here. (Even though I am under Windows ) I don't know where else to turn.

I have not seen any explicit call to trigger offline download
( aside from: sp_playlist_set_offline_mode() )
Have I missed something?
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Adam

[EDIT: And: I have cleared the cache&settings after upgrading to 0.0.10 ]
Yes, I have indeed also had problems with offline mode. Prior to the current libspotify version it seemed that offline playback did not work at all; however with the current version it works ok. Have you made sure to set the correct connection type and rules using sp_session_set_connection_type and sp_session_set_connection_rules? This is important for offline mode to work properly.

The next release of QSpot is now quite close, hopefully it will be available in the middle of next week.. Still some testing and optimisations to be done, as the addition of offline mode support requires many details to be taken into consideration.

I have updated translations for the upcoming version, and the .ts files are available in the project gitorious repository (https://gitorious.org/qspot/qspot/tr...r/translations). It would be great if someone could update them for Finnish, Dutch and German..

Last edited by aenbacka; 2011-11-08 at 19:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
looking forward to new exciting features! I use Qspot aaa looot. I'm experiencing new "feature". Sometimes when I start playback I get no sound even thiough track is proceeding. After using built-in media player and restarting Qspot I get sound. Any similar experiences?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
I'm experiencing new "feature". Sometimes when I start playback I get no sound even thiough track is proceeding. After using built-in media player and restarting Qspot I get sound. Any similar experiences?
I've had a similar experience couple of times in the late weeks. If I recall correctly in my case a restart of Qspot was enough to get the sound working again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nozu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nozu View Post
I've had a similar experience couple of times in the late weeks. If I recall correctly in my case a restart of Qspot was enough to get the sound working again.
I noticed the same issue with no sound myself earlier, and I have been looking into what might be the cause. Strange thing, as no changes have been made to QSpot that should cause such a problem. In my case it seems that in case I use auto-login, I do not get any sound, but in case I login manually then sound always work. Have this issue appear with the latest (0.9.9-4) QSpot version, or already with some earlier one? Are you both using latest CSSU by the way?

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I noticed the same issue with no sound myself earlier, and I have been looking into what might be the cause. Strange thing, as no changes have been made to QSpot that should cause such a problem. In my case it seems that in case I use auto-login, I do not get any sound, but in case I login manually then sound always work. Have this issue appear with the latest (0.9.9-4) QSpot version, or already with some earlier one? Are you both using latest CSSU by the way?
Since it hasn't been such a long time this problem occured the last time my guess is that the version in use must've been the latest 0.9.9-4. Can't remember the problem occurring before that (but then again I've had the problem just couple of times).

I'm using CSSU (latest).

The Following User Says Thank You to Nozu For This Useful Post:

Tags
premium account, spotify