Posts: 68 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Hi, my n9 is having trouble locking on to a gps signal. Gps use to work brilliantly but for some reason has stopped working since a month now. I have checked all the device settings but to no luck. I have installed gpsmeefo and see that the gps can view satellites but not able to lock on to anything. Please help me fix this. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to nithin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Bulgaria
Try changing the location server from: supl.nokia.com
to: supl.google.com
It make quite the difference for me.
p.s.: this only helps if ur GPS is too slow to lock your location.... if it can't get a lock at all, maybe you have another issue... :/

The Following User Says Thank You to l4m3rx For This Useful Post:
under settings/device/GPS, check if the source is set to internal GPS. Also, you can try to allow the use of the network to see if that makrs any difference

Last edited by taviman; 2012-07-17 at 11:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to taviman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by l4m3rx View Post
Try changing the location server from: supl.nokia.com
to: supl.google.com
It make quite the difference for me.
p.s.: this only helps if ur GPS is too slow to lock your location.... if it can't get a lock at all, maybe you have another issue... :/
My Gps Use to work fantastically well. It its just since a Month that it stopped locking on to a Satellite.

How do i change the server? Thanks

[QUOTE=taviman;1238666]under settings/device/GPS, check if the source is set to internal GPS. Also, you can try to allow the use of the network to see if that makrs any difference[/QUOTE

Those settings were enabled. But no difference

Last edited by nithin; 2012-07-18 at 03:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nithin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
I just had an issue come up, where somehow my location-settings config files went missing. Just all of a sudden one day, for no explainable reason.

I was able to make new ones and restore them, I'm willing to share them with you if you'd like, as far as i know, it should be the same for all variants.

Now, my issue somewhat remains, I get sporadic locks. I sometimes get a quick lock, other times, forget it.

I assume reflashing will fix the issue, since it may be one or more damaged files, but honestly, I just reflashed like 3 days ago, and do not feel like redoing all that work right now. I will eventually, I recommend the same for you.

Either way, good luck. Let me know if you'd like the files.

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Does anyone just know what libraries are responsible for the GPS? I can maybe just re-install those and avoid the reflash

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
I'm experiencing the same issue. Did any one manage to fix this without a reflash?

thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post: