Notices

U have some very strange setup there..

dont think you wanted to remove osso-software-version-rx34...

apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34

That will probably remove flash-and-reboot, initfs-flasher, kernel-diablo-flasher..

I think it would be safer to remove those than osso-software-version..
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

i got the same problem recently... i installed the xp theme not knowing its for N770. i cant uninstall it so this is what i did...

im booting from my mmc2... so what i did is i backup my apps into my mmc2 and reformat my mmc1. restore my backup and the theme is gone. hope that helps

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
Hmmm... fatalsaint : Are you suggesting that the odd elements of my setup may have something to do with my Vista theme problem? I'm hesitant to digress in troubleshooting because everything else on the N800 has been functioning perfectly.

Im saying you have quite a dependency problem.. and right now removing osso-software looks to have removed some important things like the update-rc scripts.. so I definitely suggest adding that back and if you want to stop trouble shooting thats fine... I dunno how to remove the theme.. most seem to just suggest reflashing.. here and in other theme-problem threads.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Nacogdoches
I installed the vista theme a few days ago and decided that it (sucks) didn't live up to its name. much more like windows 95 theme if you ask me. so I switched to a different them. Today I found that I have the same problem as you. An Opera icon (?) for the web browser and a windows icon for the general menu. It won't go away. Luckily I backed up recently, and I will probably have to reflash. I am a little concerned about getting the kernel flashes in the correct order for qwerty12's rotation kernal, because that took a little while the first time around.

if anyone can find a softer solution I would be very interested in that.
on the upside, i found the Theme Maker, and am considering making a theme of some kind for that.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
Well, having concluded that my poor N800 has been possessed by a Microsoft-esque demon of some kind (not to mention that creepy-sounding dependency problem), i've backed up, reflashed Diablo, and am now restoring my apps.

Many thanks to everyone who jumped in here to help (and make fun of Vista).

Anybody who reads this, DON'T INSTALL THE VISTA THEME!