Hello. I have had my tablet, an N800, for about three days now, and noticed a couple of problems when I used the Nokia software upgrade wizard to upgrade to OS2008. Prior to upgrading, the skype, pidgin and other apps were working fine, but I figured its better to have my device up to date with software, so I upgraded anyway.

At first, when I installed applications, they'd install fine but then not show up on the application list. One such app I had this problem with was "Gmail Notifier."

After encountering this issue, I started getting a notice that read "download [application name] failed" anytime I tried to install an app. This time, the app with the problem was "Mplayer."

I came to this forum and found a couple of threads which described close to my same problem. The advice I found was to reflash the OS2008 software using the Nokia Update Wizard and to format my memory cards. I have both an internal (the standard 128 that comes with the tablet) and a 2gb micro (which I bought separately.)

Now, Gmail notifier has installed and is working perfectly, but I have encountered another problem. Anytime I try to install ANY other application (Pidgin, Xournal & the Ebook reader, for example) the process goes as follows: I click on the install button for the app (in Tableteer,) it asks me to add a catalog, I say ok. It downloads the data, and I get this message "application list partially refreshed, some catalogs unavailable. Check catalog details. Continue installing?" I say Ok. Downloads data, but cuts short and then I get this message, "Unable to download [app name.] Application package not found." I've tried this with both Pidgin and Xournal. FBreader reader installed fine. Thinking it had worked itself out, I tried the other two again. No dice.

What's the deal? Something I did wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

edit: Well, I see what I did wrong with the update from 2007 > 2008... I found this at http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...-firmware.html

PLEASE NOTE:If you are updating your N800 from OS 2007 to OS 2008, you should NOT back up and restore your data and settings using the built-in Backup/Restore app. Doing so may cause serious problems with using the N800 after the update. If you can, try to back up your files manually by moving them onto a memory card using the N800's file manager, as they will be safe on the card. There's nothing you can do about settings though.
... This is directly contrary to the instructions you are given by Nokia. So I guess that's what caused all the trouble the first update. The second time though, I didn't bother to backup so I got a fresh start.

Any ideas?

edit 2: I fixed it! Nevermind.

Last edited by Serafin; 2008-05-22 at 11:51. Reason: issue resolved.