Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
r u using windows XP?there are some users who couldnt flash the phone using win 7 or vista..changing to xp does work..try flashng from other machine(be it ur boss's,gf's/bf's..mom's so on...)

and also,try different usb ports

@fahadj2003: Sigh... *takes long breath*

And what makes you think I have not searched the forums BEFORE I posted this? Read the entire first post please.

Lemme put it another way:

USB Device Found at...
Found device....
NOLO version....
version of SW release...
Booting device into Flash mode... <--- in all my eMMC flashing attempts, this happens.
Suitable USB device not found... <--- FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS (the longest attempt was 4 hours, and still nothing. The N900 screen remains stuck on the loading indicator).

Still think it's a flashing command issue? IMHO, I think just doesn't detect the eMMC to be flashed... at all. I've gone through multiple tries (well, I've tried about 20 times already - using various methods listed below).

As for methods of flashing, I've tried flashing from a Linux liveCD (Fedora) as per someone's suggestion (same result) and flashing eMMC first and THEN rootfs (which was a no go, considering the eMMC doesn't get flashed in the first place. Also, I've tried flashing in R&D mode, flashing while pressing "u" AND inserting the battery at the same time.

Again, I have reflashed my fiasco and eMMC successfully a few times before this (I tend to screw with my system files too much to begin with), so I guess I know how it's generally done (though I could have borked something up, but borking something through 10 odd tries is just, weird).

Someone mentioned it fscking the filesystem due to a forced reboot, hence the long wait at the loading screen. So I waited after my 2nd fiasco refash. For about 3 hours.

BECAUSE the N900 starts, I feel I'm forgetting something important here. But I have tried everything - so I'm keeping my old hypothesis that the eMMC has died/dislocated unless somebody can come up with a better one.

@dammie: Try flashing the eMMC first. That works sometimes. But if it doesn't, welcome to the dead eMMC boat I guess.

@one1002: I've tried Windows Vista (32-bit) and XP Pro (32-bit) - both of which I dual-boot = same result. Also, I've tried all my laptop's 4 USB ports, no dice. Do keep in mind that the rootfs flashes fine, and I have flashed the N900 using my laptop before without any issues.

But USB port power issues might also be a factor, will try again on a desktop when I get near one. I'm usually surrounded by laptops.

Last edited by eiraku; 2010-07-21 at 18:13.

@eiraku

I tried several options too.....it just cant see the device....

@dammie: rootfs flashes fine? Why did you wanna reflash in the first place, what happened?

Also, did you install Ovi suite? It's a long shot, but it might just be related.

Last edited by eiraku; 2010-07-21 at 16:29.

I have suddenly some scrolling problems and touchscreen problems.

Like to reset all to see if this problem still be there.......or not i hope.

UPDATE: followed this turtorial too (because its different then others), but did not succeed. http://themeegoblog.com/2010/02/05/h...factory-state/

Last edited by dammie; 2010-07-21 at 16:53.

I didnt install Ovi suite........where do you install this ?

I was stuck with the same problem. I thought I had bricked my N900 when I was unable to flash the EMMC. Rootfs flashed just fine. I tried flashing through Windows 7 (64 bit), Windows XP 32-bit, and even Windows 2000 through vmware. All of them hung on "Suitable USB device not found.."

I hadn't tried Linux because I was determined to get it working through Windows and I had heard others doing it before. But the results were so inconsistent, I caved in and tried Linux.

I boot into Ubuntu, went through the same process, and it worked on the first try. The USB device was found immediately.

Last edited by ckjy; 2010-07-21 at 17:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to ckjy For This Useful Post:
Hmm, maybe I should give Linux (maybe ubuntu this time) a coupla more tries. Will be back later with results of test.

Last edited by eiraku; 2010-07-21 at 23:51.

hmmm let me know please, i dont have any linux overhere to try......

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
ok from start
the os take like 5 - 10 min to load on first start

2nd
enter the command to format ur emmc
connect ur mobile while pressing the u key
then it will write some ****
and say suitable device not found
and ur mobile will restart
first let it restart, dont remove the cable and was for like 2 min
if that doesnt work
pull the battery out
put it back in
then connect the cable again and press u untill phone starts to boot up
then wait for the white dots and wait for a couple of min, it'll detect and flash ur emmc

thing is, the emmc is only accessible if the device is fully operational ie, while loading the system
when u see the nokia logo, only the 256mb for os is available, not emmc
gets?