Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Alright, reinstalled using the script with a empty .navit dir, buttons are showing up.

But for the life of me, Navit refuses to route to anywhere on Garmin maps, any idea why? Also does installing the qt4 libraries actually do anything?
Libgarmin hasn't had a commit in a while. I don't think it's very complete and not getting any closer. According to this, navigation is not supported in garmin maps. I don't know if that's still true or not.

I'm currently using the internal GUI and the qpainter renderer, forceing install because it was built for Qt4.7. This is so people can use it without installing the experimental Qt4.7 libraries, and because the devs told me that, at present, the internal GUI is the best option. The QML one will eventually replace it for Maemo users. (So to answer the question, you don't need the Qt libraries.)

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Hmm, now I have to get rid of them then...

But about the routing issue with garmin maps, that's sad, really.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
Flandry worked!

Where is that thanks button...
Seriously thank you, I was already using sygic, mappero and ovi. Wanted to give a try to navit but never had a time to actually sit and dig in cli. With your script is painless and works flawlessly. If only we had more people like you on this forum....

Cheers!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Macedonia
Thanks, Flandry, your script works for me too.
I have a suggestion, you can change the line in maps.xml to:
<map type="binfile" enabled="yes" data="/home/user/MyDocs/navit_maps/*.bin"/>

This way, you don't have to rename the .bin file, Navit will use all maps that you have in that folder.

The Following User Says Thank You to kovach For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Installed using Flandry's script provided here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=383

Navit won't start at all. I didn't have any earlier versions installed before. When launching the navit from terminal I get this:
Code:
Nokia-N900:/home/user# navit
navit:bookmarks_get_user_data_directory:creating dir /root/.navit
map_rect_new_textfile unable to open textfile /root/.navit/bookmark.txt
navit:plugin_load:can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/osd/libosd_core.so', already loaded
And nothing happens after that, excep I see process "navit" taking CPU 90-99%. Any ideas?

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

I'm glad to hear this is working out for people.

Kovach: Thanks, had realized that after the last update and will be including that line and a similar one for garmin maps next time i update the XML. I've also been playing with the OSD layout because the present one takes a lot of precious vertical space.

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Installed using Flandry's script provided here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=383

Navit won't start at all. I didn't have any earlier versions installed before. When launching the navit from terminal I get this:
Code:
Nokia-N900:/home/user# navit
navit:bookmarks_get_user_data_directory:creating dir /root/.navit
map_rect_new_textfile unable to open textfile /root/.navit/bookmark.txt
navit:plugin_load:can't load '/opt/navit/lib/navit/osd/libosd_core.so', already loaded
And nothing happens after that, excep I see process "navit" taking CPU 90-99%. Any ideas?
The clue is the "#" and the /root/.navit. Yes, kids, this process died of root disease...

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-07-13 at 12:36.

Hey Flandry.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Your new script fixed it.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to DACHIGGA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I'm glad to hear this is working out for people.

Kovach: Thanks, had realized that after the last update and will be including that line and a similar one for garmin maps next time i update the XML. I've also been playing with the OSD layout because the present one takes a lot of precious vertical space.

The clue is the "#" and the /root/.navit. Yes, kids, this process died of root disease...
Forgot to say that same happens if I run it as regular user. I just ran it root via putty so I could copy&paste the output here easily.

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Forgot to say that same happens if I run it as regular user. I just ran it root via putty so I could copy&paste the output here easily.
Well rats then. I thought it was simply a matter of having the wrong config file in use.

Remove the configuration
rm -r .navit

and uninstall using the remove script and then see if the newest install script works. I haven't any other ideas at the moment on what could be wrong, sorry.

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Well rats then. I thought it was simply a matter of having the wrong config file in use.

Remove the configuration
rm -r .navit

and uninstall using the remove script and then see if the newest install script works. I haven't any other ideas at the moment on what could be wrong, sorry.
Will do that and report back Thanks for the effort!

Edit: that did the trick, works now

Last edited by d-iivil; 2010-07-14 at 07:49.

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap