Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by jutley View Post
so is the cssu for diablo dead now?
I would like to ask the same question. I'm thinking about getting a N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to LouisDK For This Useful Post:
I guess you could call it that, but don't let that discourage you. An N810 with CSSU, Diablo Turbo (including compcache), telescope and ASUI is still an impressively capable little machine.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by lma View Post
I guess you could call it that, but don't let that discourage you. An N810 with CSSU, Diablo Turbo (including compcache), telescope and ASUI is still an impressively capable little machine.
Should what we have be saved in the migration?

@lma You asked how you could help - I think this could be a way for you to contribute by agreeing to maintain these Diablo packages at the new site.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Should what we have be saved in the migration?
I presume the extras/extras-devel repositories at least will be preserved (even if the autobuilder isn't) since they require very little extra work/resources over just preserving Fremantle. CSSU shouldn't be any significant burden on top of that, but I can always put it back on my server where it started if needs be.

@lma You asked how you could help - I think this could be a way for you to contribute by agreeing to maintain these Diablo packages at the new site.
They already have active maintainers :-) If you mean taking care of the repositories, sure, I'm game.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by lma View Post
I presume the extras/extras-devel repositories at least will be preserved (even if the autobuilder isn't) since they require very little extra work/resources over just preserving Fremantle. CSSU shouldn't be any significant burden on top of that, but I can always put it back on my server where it started if needs be.

If you mean taking care of the repositories, sure, I'm game.
That's great. We are putting together a new working group of administrators. You'll be one of them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Please fix the agps or intergrate it. Please

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisandcarleen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

Is it possible to 'port' open-source MCE from Fremantle to Diablo? Chinook, too, if relevant - since we have auto-builder? Would it provide additional features and bugfixes, or are MCE too different between different versions of Maemo, for such port to be easy-feasible?

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by chrisandcarleen View Post
Please fix the agps or intergrate it. Please
For Diablo: have you heard of A-GPS GUI?
You can install it from here: http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...ser/a/agps-ui/
[Edit]Supl-daemon (whatever it is, it sounds agps-ish):
http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...s/supl-daemon/
[/Edit]
Hopefully, it will be imported to Maemo Extras repository. Because who knows when the *.nokia.com website will remove the repository...

And a discussion of agps settings.

[Edit]Hunting in the repository for sources. Any sources, just out of curiosity.
http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...documentation/
http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...ource/s/skype/
[/Edit]

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2014-12-26 at 03:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...

Is it possible to 'port' open-source MCE from Fremantle to Diablo? Would it provide additional features and bugfixes, or are MCE too different between different versions of Maemo, for such port to be easy-feasible?
Anything is possible, if someone does it... Anyone capable of porting that source to n8x0 could easily fix any issues the port doesn't fix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...

Is it possible to 'port' open-source MCE from Fremantle to Diablo? Chinook, too, if relevant - since we have auto-builder? Would it provide additional features and bugfixes, or are MCE too different between different versions of Maemo, for such port to be easy-feasible?

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...
Diablo source code of mce was released in past... http://repository.maemo.org/rtcomm/p...free/source/m/

But from source code it looks like this was leak, not offical release.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo