Thanks @Halftux, I will try when I get back on it. I found this while deciphering how it works. (for anyone else reading this)

Is "/ril_0" sim1? Is there a simAll, or do I need to listen for both separately?

Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by crun View Post
Is "/ril_0" sim1? Is there a simAll, or do I need to listen for both separately?
Yes I uploaded smsrun for you as a starting point and "/ril_0" is sim1 and "/ril_1" is sim2. But I don't know if the path is valid for all devices. So you could check the path and check if there is a sim card in use. After your checks you could listen on available sim cards and connect both listeners to same slot.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
Thanks, not sure if I understood the 1st point, though.
Br,
Heikki
Dear Heikki,

I can't reproduce. However, I recall that choosing the Purpose made a difference when starting a new Situation. Not only did it start with several pre-set instructions for the What, but I could not add some of the desired Whats to this Situation. But again, I can't reproduce now.

What I can reproduce: I have this Situation called Car. When = Ambience "Sailfish 3". That will be recognised without any problems. Then the What: I want Bluetooth on, GPS Location On, Mobile data On, Wi-fi off, Volume 80%, launch app GPSinfo (it seems to trigger location, HERE does not seem to trigger location calculations).
Maybe it is the XA2 implementation, but GPS and Bluetooth will not be enabled. Wi-fi will be disabled, so some instructions do work.

Cheers, Rob

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Another update to Sonar & Situations alpha versions. Maybe this is good enough to make "an offiicial release"(?).

Additions to Sonar:
- Added list of supported permissions (features)
- Added support for uninstalling Sonar
- Other more or less useless house keeping

Pre-built packages available here:
https://github.com/pastillilabs/sona...ases/tag/0.0.3

Situations:
- Added Calendar Pro condition
- Embedded Sonar installation package to make installation / updates more convenient
- Situations now checks if Sonar is available and requests installation if needed
- Added Sonar install / update / uninstall buttons to About page

Available here:
https://github.com/pastillilabs/pack...leases/tag/250

Br,
Heikki

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
- Embedded Sonar installation package to make installation / updates more convenient
- Situations now checks if Sonar is available and requests installation if needed
- Added Sonar install / update / uninstall buttons to About page
Thanks for the updates. I noticed one small glitch with the buttons on the About page:
When starting up Situations after the update, it asked for to update Sonar, and that seemed to work ok (didn't actually check, but got the usual toast about something having been installed). Opening the About page, there were still Install button for Sonar enabled and Remove was disabled. Tapped on Install, it seemed to do the installation again, but the buttons didn't change in the UI. Went back to main screen and back to About page, and now the buttons were Update and Remove. Small issue, but a bit confusing.
(I have Finnish UI so I might have guessed the English labels incorrectly)

The Following User Says Thank You to zagrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Mansester, FI
Another thing I've noticed with the new Situations & Sonar combo is that the power consumption of my Xperia X (SFOS X 3.1.0) seems to grow quite a lot. According to Battery Log it grows from 80-90 mW average to even around 120-150 mW. In addition to Battery Log, Situations server and Sonar I regularly have also MeeCast and Working Hours Tracker running. I don't know how reliable those power readings are, but I do get less than 3 days with full charge in comparison to almost 4 days I've used to have.

I didn't add any new rules to Situations, nor added any plugins.
I also have tried downgrading to Harbour version of Situations and removing Sonar with (*):
Code:
rpm -e situations-sonar harbour-situations2application situationreboot
and then installing Situations from Harbour. I think the power consumption stayed higher until I rebooted the device, after which I was again back at 80-90 mW on average. Ran a few days like that and again installed Sonar and upgraded to alpha release of Situations (the previous one from the current one), and the power consumption seemed to stay normal. Rebooted, and the consumption went up again.

(*): I don't recall what and where "situationreboot" had come from, first I thought it was the autostart service for Situations you mentioned in the initial post about Sonar, but as it hadn't reappeared I guess it was something I had installed earlier.

Last edited by zagrim; 2019-10-20 at 06:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to zagrim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zagrim View Post
Thanks for the updates. I noticed one small glitch with the buttons on the About page:
I must admit that the implementation for those button states does not properly follow Sonar availability. That would have required much more implementation.

When opening About page, it just does a point check if Sonar is available and based on that shows either Install or Update and Uninstall button active / disabled.

Something to be improved later perhaps...

Br,
Heikki

Originally Posted by zagrim View Post
Another thing I've noticed with the new Situations & Sonar combo is that the power consumption of my Xperia X (SFOS X 3.1.0) seems to grow quite a lot...
I wonder if that situationreboot had something to do with the increased powerconsumption. That is, it may have been conflicting with the Sonar autostart implementation somehow(?).

Have you noticed the same increase after reinstalling & rebooting just Situations & Sonar?

Br,
Heikki

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Dear Heikki,

I tried the new version yesterday. My Situation "Car", depending on the Ambience, was not activated at first when I changed the Ambience. After a restart of the home screen through Jolla Utilities, the Ambience change did activate the Car situation. But then it didn't change back after choosing another Ambience.
So I decided to downgrade both Sonar and Situations for now.
Kind regards, Rob

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
the new 250 version is crashing directly after start on my XA2+

Downgrading back to 248 gets it working again. There can I find logs to share?

The Following User Says Thank You to balta For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, situations