Active Topics

Due to the PR1.3 announcement today, expect TMO outages due to high server load.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you want, you can follow me on Twitter for updates: @rsuplido

Last edited by Reggie; 2010-10-25 at 14:39.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
I thought that there is a problem with my internet connection.Thanks for the confirmation.

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Have to admit reggie, the server has done us proud! Last time it died in the build-up to the update release! so for it only to go today, thats pretty good!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
more servers needed its not good that a firmware announcement should kill the site for a day and not only that it kills meego forums too.
rather separate them to different servers or get more b/c imo its unacceptable that it impacts other sites

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by plaban View Post
I thought that there is a problem with my internet connection.Thanks for the confirmation.
Next time you wonder whether a site is down for everyone or just you, try http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
we need more servers or less updates...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk
or something like bittorent downloading updates

The Following User Says Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bonapart View Post
or something like bittorent downloading updates
I can't believe that torrent isn't already the norm, for crying out loud. I can still remember when everybody was bawling and bi*ching to get N800/N810 images and ended up torrenting the files for the same reasons. It's FAST, RELIABLE, OPEN-SOURCE and best of all it maintains INTEGRITY (hash codes!) and can even be interrupted safely. Ugh. Whatever.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Clearly it was a mistake to integrate the high-speed networking hardware directly into the forum server. If the forums had continued to simply tether via Bluetooth to a separate, dedicated, high-speed networking server that could be upgraded independently on the user's choice of ISP, we wouldn't have this mess.

Or maybe it's all the orange. I don't remember anymore.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I can't believe that torrent isn't already the norm, for crying out loud. I can still remember when everybody was bawling and bi*ching to get N800/N810 images and ended up torrenting the files for the same reasons. It's FAST, RELIABLE, OPEN-SOURCE and best of all it maintains INTEGRITY (hash codes!) and can even be interrupted safely. Ugh. Whatever.
Well, feel free to code up a bittorrent based version of APT