Notices

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
- Whatsup database is not encryped. It's basically the same you have in wazapp. It's just text messages are in base64 (wich is very easy to decode).
Cool! So I actually do have a few (minor) questions. I guess, for example, that type=1 in the messages table means outgoing msg, type=0 means ingoing, that's easy. But not 100% sure what are the possible values (and their meanings) in the fields like "status" or "key". Also I haven't fully parsed the field "media" (I can see there are comma-separated stuff like BASE64 of the pic preview, URL to whatsapp, link to the local file, but then there are also some numbers that I didn't understand). Maybe in order to not spam the topic here, are you being online on IRC so I can bug you and coderus a bit there? Alternatively, I can also start a separate topic here for this stuff...

- Coderus is great, it's not a challenge. I just made my own client because I can and it fits my UI taste.
Oh, no, I did not mean challenge between you and Coderus, it was just a childish comment that "only we two can import the history" can be read as a challenge for me :-). Anyways, I wrote before I knew both Whatsup and Mitakuuluu simply use SQLite3 :-)

BTW, credits to both coderus and you for the apps!

- "kind" value in settings file is obsolete, the only ones that matters are "username" and "password" (the rest are for some stupid things)
I've had a feeling it didn't work for me until I set this one when I was transferring my test account, but maybe (probably) I've changed also something else on the way. Thanks for the clarification!

Can someone clarify how contacts are updated in Whatsup?

Some time ago I synchronized my contacts with Exchange, then I removed all of them and synchronized again with owncloud.

After that, I noticed there are two list of contacts:
1 under /home/nemo/.local/share/system/Contacts/contacts.db and
2. under /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Contacts/qtcontacts-sqlite/contacts.db.

First time, Whatsup took contacts names from first db I think. But since I wanted to use contacts names from second db, I removed all contacts manually from Whatsup and also I removed contacts.db from first directory, Now, old contacts are not coming back in Whatsup list, although they are in contacts.db (I checked the database). Only newly created contacts are added.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
why you removed system contacts database? o_O

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
why you removed system contacts database? o_O
Because the contacts from Whatsup were from this database instead of from priviledged so I wanted to get rid of different contacts database with different names for the same number.

The Following User Says Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
lol. can't say more.

lol. can't say more.
Maybe because you don't understand more.

sure, why not. i'm juat a noob here.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I've uploaded a new (teaser) video for all of you guys:

Using Whatsup (latest not released yet build) with the Jolla TOHKDB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLD3M_zv5Bo

New update coming soon!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Requested by HtheB, there is now force to landscape orientation when keyboard part is attached - All apps that support landscape, will operate in landscape.

Supports only Landscape, not reverse landscape.

This feature will be selectable by user.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
sure, why not. i'm juat a noob here.
Typical answer of a programmer that pretends he/she understand the issue but don't want to lose valuable time with such stupid things.

Better try to find more knowledgeable people somewhere else, or try to solve the issue by myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup