Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
So is Polarcell the best available battery right now?

I use right now the SL-III2E-D31322L battery with 1420 mAh from Aliexpress which was suggested here 1 1/2 years ago~ but it seems to be loosing power slowly :/
so far yes, and our battery's don't have many cycles so they wont last much more then 2 years and at that point they wont have much capacity left.

I don't know about you guys but I bought this battery here at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/2050mAh-Batter...tery+For+Nokia

Advertised as 2050 mAh
I tested and it charged up full to 660mAh or more.

Don't let the numbers fool you because this battery is AMAZING!! I believe i can use the phone for 2 straight days w/ regular usage such as text and phone call and music which mean it can last up to 48hrs of normal usage. Now compare that to my stock battery....there's no comparison, my stock battery from going to work and leaving work is all but dead for normal usage. Also, this NEW battery DOES NOT DRAINED!! I think if i leave it alone and never use the phone, it will last forever...well maybe not forever, but weeks and weeks. The reason i say this is because from the time i went to sleep to waking up and looking at the batterygraph, i see virtually a straight line slight slight unnoticeable decline for 8 hrs!!! That means it DOES NOT drained like the stock battery. I don't know about any other batteries like the SCUD or how those perform but this battery is the bomb so far. I just ordered another spare one.

Last edited by romanianusa; 2012-10-20 at 16:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
I tested and it charged up full to 660mAh or more.

Don't let the numbers fool you because this battery is AMAZING!!

---

May I ask you, how You know that you have charged it to 660 mAh? sounds like hoax to me, honestly.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post

---

May I ask you, how You know that you have charged it to 660 mAh? sounds like hoax to me, honestly.
No hoax man I don't know what i did...on the status bar, i chose Nokia's BME Alternative instead of Nokia's BME because Nokia's BME always show 100% full battery. Nokia's BME Alternative gives me the accurate %, this is the only way I can see how much % i have left as i am using the phone, the Desktop Command Execution Widget shows up at 660mAh at full charge (95%+) or around that range. I found it odd that full charge is 660mAh (well, one other time it shows up as 710mAh), but never over 1000mAh like the stock battery.

Hoax, sadly, without any offense to you. This reported capacity doesn't have anything to do with real one.

BME Alternative is, in fact, taking voltage report from BME, and appending dr_frost_dk's algorithm to calculate remaining % of charge. If doesn't have anything to do with capacity readings (mAh), and probably, you got this 660mAh/710mAh due to resistor between BMI and battery (-). This particular battery must use strange one, there, instead of 100kOhm regular.
---

What I suspect, is that it's - at best - regular 1300 mAh one. It gives good results, compare to your old battery, which must have low amount of capacity left at max (probably, real is less than 1000).
---

If, by any chance,you're interesting in measuring capacity of your new battery in reliable way, see my signature - one of links there forward you to instruction, how to do it on-device, using bq27x00 chip, present on N900.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Hoax, sadly, without any offense to you. This reported capacity doesn't have anything to do with real one.

BME Alternative is, in fact, taking voltage report from BME, and appending dr_frost_dk's algorithm to calculate remaining % of charge. If doesn't have anything to do with capacity readings (mAh), and probably, you got this 660mAh/710mAh due to resistor between BMI and battery (-). This particular battery must use strange one, there, instead of 100kOhm regular.
---

What I suspect, is that it's - at best - regular 1300 mAh one. It gives good results, compare to your old battery, which must have low amount of capacity left at max (probably, real is less than 1000).
---

If, by any chance,you're interesting in measuring capacity of your new battery in reliable way, see my signature - one of links there forward you to instruction, how to do it on-device, using bq27x00 chip, present on N900.

/Estel
Of course the measurement of 660mAh at full charge is not accurate, but the usage is 2x or 3x longer than the stock battery...that's all i care about. The stock battery actually measure around 1220mAh. So if the stock battery last 8hrs for me every day normal usage and this new one last 2x or 3x longer, then it's reasonable to say the capacity is as good as advertise which is 2050mAh. Why don't you buy one and do a true measurement...it's pretty cheap. I like to find out myself what the real capacity too. It looks like a PolarCell battery w/ the same advertisement.

31hrs usage and 22% battery left.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Oslo - around
Good news, because it seems like the Maemo software keeps on charging. Now what does the "Battery" graph say?

Does anyone know if the charger can be set to charge higher than 1280mAh? I have a new 2450mAh battery, and have to use an external charger, the N900 charger stops the charge half way.

So if the stock battery last 8hrs for me every day normal usage and this new one last 2x or 3x longer, then it's reasonable to say the capacity is as good as advertise which is 2050mAh.
Sadly, impossible, due to physical constraints of energy amount, that you can store in given volume of space, using LiIon technology. That is why I've called it hoax.

Honestly, I'm not much interested in buying another, unchecked battery - especially, if it advertise 2050 mAh, which usually means "stay away"... But, of course, you're absolutely free to perform on-device measurements, as I've suggested in my last post. It's not only free, but it's *more* than free - in fact, while doing so, you would educate yourself quite a much about some internals of your device (and it's usage) and system. All gain...

Originally Posted by knuthf View Post
Does anyone know if the charger can be set to charge higher than 1280mAh? I have a new 2450mAh battery, and have to use an external charger, the N900 charger stops the charge half way.
*chuckles* No, it doesn't. N900 will charge battery to the very end, be it 500 mAh or 50 000 mAh. It's just that capacity of your battery is totally faked, like in previous example.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The stock battery actually measure around 1220mAh. So if the stock battery last 8hrs for me every day normal usage and this new one last 2x or 3x longer, then it's reasonable to say the capacity is as good as advertise which is 2050mAh.

31hrs usage and 22% battery left.
Every day normal usage is very different for different people. For example in my case, with 1700 mAh battery (measured accurately several times), with normal usage which means phone, text, internet, email, etc., I usually get 3 and half days easily. After 31hrs usage I have usually around 70% left or more.

The Following User Says Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
I just ordered one scud battery here
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...630196561.html

Will se how it works. It is said that it is a 1500mah

The Following User Says Thank You to shubell For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc