Active Topics

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Is there a chance to create a theme, where controls could used also when forced rotate is enabled? I think just repositioning play/pause -button would be a huge improvement.

Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
OK - there is still a lot to do. The main issue is the missing close action.
Another trick is also in the FAQ at http://wiki.maemo.org/Rockbox

Other open issues are
- FM receiver
- Equalizer GUI
- Playlist GUI
The non plus ultra for me would be a button to activate the N900 FM transmitter in the Rockbox!
There's always something to do

But all in all it seems the current Rockbox is already good enough to move this thread from "Development" to "Multimedia"?
I wanted to do this once Rockbox can be operated in windowed mode. That will make task switching/application shutdown much easier.

Cheers,
Thomas

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Israel
Another bug never mentioned, is when messing with settings using the keyboard - it shows "Error accessing playlist control file" and then after the current song ends, I lose all the playlist queue (goes back to main menu and says "Nothing to resume"). It mostly happens on shuffle mode.

Also, is it possible to implement the radio functionality to N900? I really missed the signal strength metter I have on my Sansa Clip+.

@MikeCC, thank you very much for the skin improvement, adding a "Home" button so essential. Though I had to edit it a bit just to bring back the next track details and quick screen access...

Personally, I would *love* any full-functional, polished radio player for N900, no matter of it being stand-alone, or part of other (Open Source) software. Currently existing applications aren't bad, but aren't great either. qRadio was nice candidate for great player, but failed due to qt "wontfix" bugs.

I know it may be little off-topic here` - I just wanted to say that, including decent radio player in rockbox would give it quite a audience, even if only interested in that sole part of rockbox
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
hi

problem:
In Files I can get to /home but it doesn't show any folders there.

So i can not go further into the folders which the /home folder contains?

I have multiboot installes (1. Maemo 2. Maemo powerv48 3. Nitdroid 8GB partition)

Does anyone know how to make my .sound folder accessible? The problem doesn't occur in f.i. Mediaplayer

Thank you

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Israel
Go to Settings-->General Settings-->File View-->Show Files
then select "All".
Hope it helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Musta susi For This Useful Post:
thx but that is independent of the problem. folders should be visible.

with "All" files visible set, I can even make a new folder which will not be visible in Rockbox but which can later be traced via f.i. a file manager.

I don't see any special authorization setting when I look at the folder rights of /home (altho I know little of those settings)

New release for N900/N8x0 is in extras-devel.

Changes:
- Update to rockbox 3.10 code base:
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes310
- Assorted fixes for the N900

For game music fans: Rockbox now supports AY, GBS, HES, KSS, SGC, VGM and VGZ game music formats.

Enjoy!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
swell that Rockbox is still being taken good care of I'm installing right away!

excuse me, does anyone have similar problem as I do with folders not being visible on partitioned eMMC (post #235)?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
@ the rockbox team, all contributors and especially you thomasjfox a triiple big thanks for the good work you've done on this great, amazing, powerfull music player !

@7thd i do not hav this problem you mention (have you posted a screenshot ?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julien_2006 For This Useful Post:

Tags
audiophile, rockbox