Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Hi. Thanks for porting my favourite player. I have to raport, that using Rockbox eats 100% of cpu, no matter which clock frequency I use. Equalizer is not modified. Any suggestions to see what could be wrong?
Go to this menu:
"System > Debug > "View OS stacks". The "codec" thread should show an "*" from time to time, "tagcache" occasionally, too.

Is there any thread constantly popping up?

Does the CPU load change if the display is switched off/rockbox is running in the background?

The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by thomasjfox View Post
Go to this menu:
"System > Debug > "View OS stacks". The "codec" thread should show an "*" from time to time, "tagcache" occasionally, too.

Is there any thread constantly popping up?

Does the CPU load change if the display is switched off/rockbox is running in the background?
Codec varies quickly between T and R* constantly consuming from 40 to 86% stack usage (also when playing is stopped). When I stop playing, Audio uses 48% stack (!). Nothing special popping up.
Same behaviour continues when running on background / display off.

Last edited by shanttu; 2011-07-07 at 16:42. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Codec varies quickly between T and R* constantly consuming from 40 to 86% stack usage (also when playing is stopped). When I stop playing, Audio uses 48% stack (!). Nothing special popping up.
Same behaviour continues when running on background / display off.
The stack usage is fine. Rockbox uses fixed-size stacks internally, this is unrelated to CPU usage.

What kind of files do you play back? 320kbit MP3s or FLAC?

The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by thomasjfox View Post
The stack usage is fine. Rockbox uses fixed-size stacks internally, this is unrelated to CPU usage.

What kind of files do you play back? 320kbit MP3s or FLAC?
For some reason unwanted behaviour has not occured this weekend. Before reporting I did reboot several times and played different albums. Even though I'm glad of this result, it would have been nice to know what was the cause. Thanks for your replies and please keep maintaining our N900 awesome device.

what does the batch in the first post do ? is it necessary ?

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
what does the batch in the first post do ? is it necessary ?
Not anymore, just install from extras-devel

Any plans for porting rockbox to meego/harmattan? I noticed in the "N9 is finally here" thread, anecdotes that gapless playback is STILL not part of the stock media player (which is pretty unbelievable to me).

So gapless fans will still be looking for a media player alternative in the N9, apparently. Rockbox still seems like the best one for the N900 so was just curious if it looked like a possibility to port it there (or if anyone knows alternative gapless players for the N9, but it's probably premature for that).

I would rather like to see developers time used to improve existing version (it's still not finished, right?), rather than used to backup Nokia new "let's ripoff customers and close project" toy...

But, of course, it's always developer decision what she/he do with her/his free time.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Any plans for porting rockbox to meego/harmattan? I noticed in the "N9 is finally here" thread, anecdotes that gapless playback is STILL not part of the stock media player (which is pretty unbelievable to me).

So gapless fans will still be looking for a media player alternative in the N9, apparently. Rockbox still seems like the best one for the N900 so was just curious if it looked like a possibility to port it there (or if anyone knows alternative gapless players for the N9, but it's probably premature for that).
Well, there is already a rpm .spec file for rockbox and I'll pick up an unused N900 from a friend soonish. Let's see where this leads to. Don't hold your breath

Dunno if it would be any use on the N9 without a keyboard, it's certainly not optimized for that yet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Germany
I tried to build a N900 skin for the Rockbox. The base is the Cabbie V2.0 mixed with some elements from the Maemo Media Player.

Unzip the attached cabbie2a.zip into /opt/rockbox/share/rockbox
Fonts: converted from the Nokia fonts. It seems the filesize in rockbox/fonts is limited, so take care if you have already large fonts there to delete some.
Icons: would be nice if they could be larger. But I had to find out by try and error they are limited to 24x24 pixels.
Volume: It seems the change of volume is not recognized in that Rockbox port.
Battery: I was not able to visualize if the charger is plugged in. Maybe my mistake, the rockbox wps/sbs language is very "compact".
Close of the Rockbox: It seems there is no action "shutdown" or similar which can be used in the GUI. My workaround is
a) Click the powerbutton (only a short moment) -> Rockbox disappears to the background after 3 seconds and can be closed via Taskswitcher
b) set in Settings/ General Settings/ System/ Idle Poweroff to 2 min or something else. If the playback in Rockbox is stopped and you don't do anything else it's switched off after 2 minutes.

OK - there is still a lot to do. The main issue is the missing close action. Other open issues are
- FM receiver
- Equalizer GUI
- Playlist GUI
The non plus ultra for me would be a button to activate the N900 FM transmitter in the Rockbox!

But all in all it seems the current Rockbox is already good enough to move this thread from "Development" to "Multimedia"?
Attached Files
File Type: zip cabbie2a.zip (469.7 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by MikeCC; 2011-09-16 at 05:16. Reason: Pictures

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MikeCC For This Useful Post:

Tags
audiophile, rockbox