Notices

Version 0.49-1 is in Extras-testing.

Changes:
+ RAW mode added
+ Standard mode for taking an image like the standard camera (so you do not need to switch to std camera)
+ Much better de-ghosting in HDR
+ Better quality of x4 zoom
+ Fixed occasionally 'greenish' photos when flash is on

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Any progress on the socat issue? I hope it isn't left alone. ^^

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Any progress on the socat issue? I hope it isn't left alone. ^^
Do you mean bc_cat.ko issue in A Better Camera? It is fixed in the latest version, I'm going to send you a PM about the update.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Do you mean bc_cat.ko issue in A Better Camera? It is fixed in the latest version, I'm going to send you a PM about the update.
Is it possible to update via the almalence site with the login and password i recieved earlier?

Thanks

I upgraded yesterday and same time I started to have a weird behaviour of my phone. Camera not working, whatever application i use for. Orientation sensor not working and battery used very fast. Reboot and deinstall of did not help to solve issue. Any suggestions what to do before reflashing?

Originally Posted by e-dawg View Post
I upgraded yesterday and same time I started to have a weird behaviour of my phone. Camera not working, whatever application i use for. Orientation sensor not working and battery used very fast. Reboot and deinstall of did not help to solve issue. Any suggestions what to do before reflashing?
Can you run 'top' from the Terminal to see which process consumes CPU and thus drains the battery?

Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
Is it possible to update via the almalence site with the login and password i recieved earlier?

Thanks
Yes, but it's the same update, do you still have problems with bc_cat.ko?
Please note that it's ok if bc_cat.ko does not install under power kernel, the updated version can work without this module (with a little slow down)

I have also found no changes in version 0.49, except the note that it's avaiable the faster program "A better camera".

Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Can you run 'top' from the Terminal to see which process consumes CPU and thus drains the battery?
It does not show any unusual stuff in TOP. I first have to do some test and observe the phone. If I find out something I'll post it.

Originally Posted by delmar View Post
I have also found no changes in version 0.49, except the note that it's avaiable the faster program "A better camera".
I see the changes Eugene detailed above - new modes for RAW and STANDARD. I also see the advert for "A better camera" when Blessn900 is in standby/lens cover shut.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Tags
camera, nokia n900