Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Its MediaBox -vvv
cheers that did work but selecting all that text to copy would takes ages unless it automatically saves it into a file somewhere.....?
If so let me know and ill dig it out and post it here for pycage to have a look at.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
cheers that did work but selecting all that text to copy would takes ages unless it automatically saves it into a file somewhere.....?
If so let me know and ill dig it out and post it here for pycage to have a look at.
you can do MediaBox -vvv > ~/mediaboxlog This will send all the output to the file mediaboxlog which will be in /home/user/ directory and then you can attach the file here hopefully.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaeezzy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Hi pycage,

I just skimmed the last few pages, and I think it may have been at least partially covered, but in case it hasn't, I'm having wierd lockup issues with MediaBox. A few of the issues I have seen include:
  • During the playing of a media file, going back (up) to the directory caused MB to go to a blank screen (I've had several blank screen issues, but that was the one that I remember distinctly because it has happened more than once);
  • When I was at a blank screen, I could not exit, even using the X button in Telescope. I had to go into a terminal and kill the process;
  • For the last three days, my battery has drained after 4 hours of use;
  • Today when this happened, I went in and did top, and it showed Python using 98% cpu, which was (obviously) what was draining the battery.

Any recommendations on what I can do to fix or work around this problem, other than the obvious, stopping the app when on battery?

Thanks,
--vr

The Following User Says Thank You to VulcanRidr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Thank you brother VulcanRidr for saying what I could not.

Sure, this app is beautiful and all with so many features, but yeah, you can put a dress on a pig but it's still a pig. *lol*

Hope that didn't sound too harsh, nothing but love for you pycage.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hope that didn't sound too harsh, nothing but love for you pycage.
How about this: "You can have a Ferrari, but if it's in the shop..."

Is that better?

The Following User Says Thank You to buurmas For This Useful Post:
hi,

is the fm radio supported for n900 ??

thank you

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
How about this: "You can have a Ferrari, but if it's in the shop..."

Is that better?
Thank you brother buurmas for saving me on this. *lol*

Hey, I wanted to say thanks the new code to render to the n900 media framework is wonderful!!!

My n900 now actually lasts a really long time on battery. Before, I didn't dare run it from battery for very long as between it and MaemoMapper it would kill the battery is no time at all.

- Nathan

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Hey pycage, any possible future date when you'll fix the hanging processes that don't seem to close correctly for Diablo?
This next version should come very soon. mplayer gets now exited when closing MediaBox.

Also, running any other app along with this seems to crap all over my tablet. I have 31.5 megs free of internal storage, do I need more than this?
Did you enable swap space on the tablet? It might be necessary for running two larger applications side by side on the N8x0.

Lastly, I've changed the settings for mplayer that what was mentioned, and like I've said before, video playback is still horrible.

What can I offer to you in helping to get this solved correctly?
What's horrible about mplayer video playback? It doesn't handle playing MP4 videos well, AFAIK. But all the other stuff should play fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
  • During the playing of a media file, going back (up) to the directory caused MB to go to a blank screen (I've had several blank screen issues, but that was the one that I remember distinctly because it has happened more than once);
  • When I was at a blank screen, I could not exit, even using the X button in Telescope. I had to go into a terminal and kill the process;
  • For the last three days, my battery has drained after 4 hours of use;
  • Today when this happened, I went in and did top, and it showed Python using 98% cpu, which was (obviously) what was draining the battery.
The blank screen and not being able to exit problems may be network related. I fixed some stuff for the new version which should be out soon.
The CPU and battery draining stuff could be connected to this. They hopefully are.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules