Notices

Generally agree, yet many TrueCrypt users live in countries that violate basic human rights - even few of our "well-known" N900 users. So, basically, option that compromise hidden volumes shouldn't be permitted.

Yet, in our case, it's impossible to hide TrueCrypt usage at all, so we need to only protect "hidden" volumes. They're bundled on "public knowledge" encrypted volumes, so proper sudoers shouldn't compromise them in any way.

If someone got an idea, why fixing sudo rules could reveal hidden volumes existence (*not* existence of volume at all), drop an info here. Otherwise, rules are going to be updated via woody's suggestion in next version (priority=low, as on N900 even some operations from pure user may be catastrophic, not to mention rootsh /gainroot installed by any sane device owner).
---

woody, idea with creating 3th device is great. Could You elaborate more on what parts exactly (of osso-usb-mass-storage-enable.sh) one need to edit and where?

Custom copy of osso-usb-mass-storage-enable.sh (lets call it tc-mass-storage), that would be used explicitly to add 3th encrypted volume, could be even better.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
I would like to ask a question. I think I am doing something wrong. Whenever I mount a Crypt, the FileManager shows truecrypt1 which is always empty, whereas i can use the same crypt on a Desktop.

Any help appreciated.

More details, please. Report how you exactly try to mount it on N900 - please do everything with -v when appropriate, to get more details. Also, list any output here.

If you were doing it via GUI, please do via CLI (as root, truecrypt -t -v [command]). This will give output messages to analyze.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
@Estel, any other truecrypt-er

Can you test how it works with updated fuse? Does everything work ok, is there any performance difference?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87000

Thanks

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Will test it ASAP. BTW, do you remember, why you've updated cryptsetup? last version from repos got your stamp on it.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Will test it ASAP. BTW, do you remember, why you've updated cryptsetup? last version from repos got your stamp on it.

/Estel
Thanks.

About cryptsetup: I needed it for building the Harmattan signond as the one already in the repos was too old.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

What are your ideas about TrueCrypt after the mysterious end of development, recommending users to switch to BitLocker?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Good joke lol

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Good joke lol
It's not a joke, it's an honest question. Many people think TrueCrypt is just fine, and somebody forced end of development. Wasn't the source code audited and found to be sound? Would you rather trust MicroSheet with your data?

The Following User Says Thank You to malfunctioning For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Originally Posted by malfunctioning View Post
It's not a joke, it's an honest question. Many people think TrueCrypt is just fine, and somebody forced end of development. Wasn't the source code audited and found to be sound? Would you rather trust MicroSheet with your data?
i trust nobody anymore !

Tags
cryptography, encrypted, kernelcrypto, security, truecrypt