Notices

I think (but I am not sure) the "wide" version is supposed to extend the panel of frequencies which can be received (89.0 to 108.0).

I tried this version to see if it fixes my issue : the application simply exits (crash ?) on start after 5 seconds of loading.

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I also tested the "wide" version, also for me this exits after 5 sec of loading, the normal FM-radio works fine for me with PR1.3

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Originally Posted by OperationNT View Post
I think (but I am not sure) the "wide" version is supposed to extend the panel of frequencies which can be received (89.0 to 108.0).
Yes, it is. I took source of fmradio, version 2010.03.20, changed numbers in two places, and re-submitted the package as fmradio-wide 2010.03.40.
The range in it is 76-108. I couldn't test whether it works or not, though, because I could never catch any station in the lower frequencies.
I hope somebody in Japan tests it.

Originally Posted by OperationNT View Post
I tried this version to see if it fixes my issue : the application simply exits (crash ?) on start after 5 seconds of loading.
Originally Posted by N900@900MHz View Post
I also tested the "wide" version, also for me this exits after 5 sec of loading
Why? I have fmradio-wide, I have installed PR1.3 over-the-air, and FM radio works, and allows me to listen to channels, and to scroll through them, and no errors.
1. Online mode;
2. start FM radio;
3. plug in headphones.

Maybe, it's because I have libqt4-dev installed?

Should I resubmit fmradio-wide to autobuilder to be rebuilt?

the normal FM-radio works fine for me with PR1.3
Glad to hear.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
as anyone found a solution to make fm radio work

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
does not work for me either. App seem to work, but there is no sound. I installed PR1.3 via flasher.

Not working here either, well i don`t use it too much.

Grettings.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
is there any other radio app?

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Originally Posted by jrinconr View Post
is there any other radio app?
There are (fm receivers):
fmradio
fmradio-player
fmradio-wide

EDIT: I personally use fmradio-wide 2010.03.40 on PR1.3, it works for me, maybe because I have libqt4-dev installed (or something else; I just made apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, etc over the air)
fmradio-wide pretends to have wide range (76-108), but accordingly to testers, it still is locked into limited 87.5-108 standard range of fmradio.
EDIT:
I also tested the "wide" version, also for me this exits after 5 sec of loading, the normal FM-radio works fine for me with PR1.3
EDIT:
Try starting from X Terminal and see whether there are any errors printed.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2010-11-02 at 11:02.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
does one work with pr1.3 i have try 2 and bot don't work with pr 1.3.

I was using my N900 for my cottage radio now I am with no radio at all.

may be someon will find a fix for that????

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
first, uninstall fmradio, then

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...

..... I just made apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, .....
apt-get install fmradio

and it works for now.

But, after a few minutes(when the device is automatically locked), if you try to unlock, stops. Again, i need to restart the app, and it works.

Tags
fm player, help wanted