I would like to know if a bluetooth usb self-powered hub exist, maybe it's too difficult to do...
maybe a usb powered hub + bluetooth dongle

Last edited by daf; 2006-01-27 at 23:56.

Originally Posted by daf
I would like to know if a bluetooth usb self-powered hub exist, maybe it's too difficult to do...
maybe a usb powered hub + bluetooth dongle
What are you trying to do? The 770 already has bluetooth... Are you trying to add bluetooth again?

David

The Following User Says Thank You to djs_tx For This Useful Post:
What is the difference between bluetooth and a wireless head-set?
I've heard many people say that they are talking on a bluetooth. I know Bluetooth is the technology used in many cellular phones but I people are confused about it. I try to convince people that they aren't talking on a Bluetooth. Instead, you are using a wireless head-set. So, I need some additional information.

Last edited by cherylin; 2009-06-29 at 11:37.

@djs_tx
are you implying that cherylin has history of bluetooth-adding-sociopathic behavior? (;

Gotta love Brando your wish came true about 3 years ago.

Unfortunately it isn't battery powered like this.

Guess you might want to get a battery-powered hub and combine it with one of these (bought a few, very tiny, very cheap, usb connector is made of a very malleable metal so be careful).

Another option (and I have yet to test this...I really need to get around to it soon) is to combine a regular usb hub, add a bluetooth usb dongle like I mentioned above and combine with a usb "powered" y-cable with 2 usb female ends and a full-size male usb as well a usb power pack (AA or lithium; lithium usually have a mini-usb port so may need to find an appropriate y cable which are available via ebay). You will also need a microusb OTG cable (or one of the alternative methods).

However, it just occurred to me what I think you are actually trying to do. I think you want to have wireless usb to the tablet don't you? Trying to eliminate all the wires, the usb otg cable which interferes with the stand, etc.? Yeah well there are two things available and you don't want either. This monstrosity and you need two of them mind you, one on each side. And the other is WUSB but of course the tablet doesn't support it (and very very few devices do so far, I specifically mean new devices. Heck laptops keep getting released without so much as gigabit ethernet NICs on-board; mine does, I'm no sucker)

In the future there will be usb 3.0 dongles the size of this which is only a few centimeters in length that transfer data from external harddrives/SSD. Those will be the days...

If you want this for a mobile setup I don't know what to tell you; though if this is for around your house, I can discuss some NAS options with you.

-----------------------------------------

Okay on to your second post. People are misinformed. From what I've seen half the people walking around wearing bluetooth headsets (and looking like a tool while they are at it, when not on a phone call - if it's in use that totally makes sense, when it's not in use put it in your pocket!) don't even know how to turn on a computer. Bluetooth...oh those bluetooth lobbyists and getting people to use headsets while driving - it totally doesn't help, the distraction of pairing PLUS dialing is more than dialing alone. But I digress.

Bluetooth is but one of the many wireless technologies operating on the 2.4GHz band. 802.11A, B, G and in some cases N use 2.4GHz as do some wireless home phones (remember those?). Microwave "ovens" interfere with these frequencies - raw radioactive power (;

Popular for wireless audio, bluetooth is also used for general data transfer (including sharing internet connections, file transfer, "presence" notifications, audio, video, etc.) Bluetooth uses pairing for "hassle-free" setup.

"Talking on a bluetooth". Classic, hah. They are talking on a headset that uses the bluetooth wireless protocol. I guess you could say bluetooth is a competitor to wifi (loosely) and that instead of "webbrowsing on the wifi" "webbrowsing on the computer connected via a wifi connection" is more correct. Bluetooth is a protocol, that's an abstract concept - other than directing people to Wikipedia it's an uphill battle.

Last edited by linuxeventually; 2009-06-27 at 11:14.