Closed Thread
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Originally Posted by fms View Post
It breeds a culture of almost unhealthily obsessed fanatics ready to follow the Black Turtleneck(tm) to the end of the world, with gobs of money in their hands. Just curing this disease is a good enough reason not to weep about Apple's demise.
The same thing could be said about linux, harley davidson's, chic-fil-a, supercuts, the dallas cowboys, star trek and I'm not sure that having a devoted following is a bad thing. Linux sure has it's fair share of fanboys.

Can we not base our assertions on reality?

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
Originally Posted by fms View Post
It breeds a culture of almost unhealthily obsessed fanatics ready to follow the Black Turtleneck(tm) to the end of the world, with gobs of money in their hands. Just curing this disease is a good enough reason not to weep about Apple's demise.
To be honest, from here you seem pretty well as fanatical and ranty as the original poster.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tabletrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Sweden
I have both the N800 and the ipod touch, I like them both, and I don't take it personally and get offended I someone talks out thier rear end about either one of them.
Must be something wrong with me ?, or it might be that I'm not a nerd and that I have a life.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
tabletrat, my rodent brother, fms is smirking gleefully as he posts such things.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
I am sure he is but posts at either his or the OP style get very tiring very quick!

Really? I was still chuckling... sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yeah, i had a small dejavu just now.

We don't want another iphone/ipod vs n8x0 thread. All points were made, chewed and spat all over the place too many times. Stop already!

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
What was that sound?.... That was the sound of his point being missed by most people.

Come on people, for most people it's an electronics device and not a profession. I enjoy my n810 but I would NEVER EVER recommend it to anyone I know to buy.

Nokia could lead by putting more effort into the playform or get out of the way by releasing enough of the platform that a 3rd party could build and distribute their own firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
His point was lost in his own noise. He could have made it without bashing the developer community. I don't care how much one agrees with his essential premise, brontide-- the bashing is wrong no matter how you slice it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
His point was lost in his own noise. He could have made it without bashing the developer community. I don't care how much one agrees with his essential premise, brontide-- the bashing is wrong no matter how you slice it.
So it's only ok to bash Apple products and product reviewers?

Closed Thread