Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Ok. So am I correct to assume that the cut and paste will be expanded on an app by app basis? In otherwords cut and paste does not depend on the Jolla phone updates but the developer of the app implementing that feature. The way it is done on the android app is nice in that a long press gives you two brackets to surround the text you want to copy or cut. Also I still think transfering text between android and Jolla apps would be good. Just need to create tmp file with r/w access for both. Andoroid does have access to some files under Nemo. For example I have the Android app Poweramp playing videos stored in Nemo/Videos.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
No, I don't think it will require apps to be changed. It's a system wide change. The two standouts however might be the browser which is a wrapper on gecko and Android.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
copy & paste between native and android apps worked from the first version, it has the same limitation like between native apps: you need a text field to copy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
not having non-editable selectable text boxes looks like current limitation of QtQuick, so they might have to implement it in Silica
I think this is pretty much the root cause. IIRC the same limitation was already there in QtQuick 1.0/1.1 and the Harmattan Qt Components had some pretty horrible hacks to work around it. So Silica will most probably have to do something similar, at least until the Qt upstream adds the needed bits (no idea if that is planed or someone is working on it).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
copy & paste between native and android apps worked from the first version, it has the same limitation like between native apps: you need a text field to copy.
Hi Leinad. Are you sure this is correct? If I copy text from android and then try to paste it in a native (Jolla) app the only thing I can paste is what was previoulsy in the clipboard when using a Jolla app.
I'm sure I'm about to have a "Doh!" moment but how do you do it? Thanks!

Last edited by mscion; 2014-05-27 at 20:31.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi Leinad. Are you sure this is correct? If I copy text from android and then try to paste it in a native (Jolla) app the only thing I can paste is what was previoulsy in the clipboard when using a Jolla app.
I'm sure I about to have a "Doh!" moment but how do you do it? Thanks!
oh sorry, i guess, it only works from native to android. i never used it the other way around

Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
oh sorry, i guess, it only works from native to android. i never used it the other way around
Hmmm, doesn't work either way for me. What did you copy from and to? Might help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Doing wrong? Copy and paste is not somethimg you should figure out. The system doing it wrong. And lets hope we get copy and paste soon.

lets hope it will be in july update 8

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-05-27 at 23:53.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hmmm, doesn't work either way for me. What did you copy from and to? Might help me figure out what I am doing wrong.
for me it worked with every combination of apps i tried, even complete sms. but you need to use the paste button on the keyboard, not the Android paste button.

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
No, I don't think it will require apps to be changed. It's a system wide change. The two standouts however might be the browser which is a wrapper on gecko and Android.
Assuming this is an offical answer then it is app by app!

https://together.jolla.com/question/...te-capability/

Tags
copy/paste myth