I sometimes leave my phone at home. With the VNC stuff I can get to it if I know the IP address. But accepting/making calls is an issue.I figure SIP could come to t he resque there. I could use something like google voice as my number and have it registered to my phone except when I forget my phone then I can just use my PC (with speakers/mic).

Is there anyway to do this now? It would be ideal if the two halves were coordinated - that opening VNC to my phone would automatically register my PC as the destination for the calls.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorp1us For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
I think you may be interested in this wiki page about controlling your phone by means of dbus commands.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
you can indeed do this, using gstreamer to route the audio streams over the network. {since you have mouse control, you dont really need the dbus commands to make calls, but it would be less strain on the network to simply ssh in and use dbus commands}. this doesnt require google voice or anything else at all; vnc access would be completely sufficient.

an easier solution to your problem, though, is just to setup call forwarding when you forget your phone. you can set up a google voice account now, and have it ring your cell phone when someone calls it. then when you forget, simply turn off the forwarding and have it ring your computer.

OR you could set up a google voice account when you forget your phone, and then contact your phone service provider and ask them to set up unconditional call forwarding.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
actually, im not sure if anyone has ever gotten laptop microphone into the phone app on the n9. see this post for gstreamer scripts for n9<->pc speaker, and n9->pc microphone. {n9<-pc microphone is what youd need}

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...r+route&page=6

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by anthonie View Post
I think you may be interested in this wiki page about controlling your phone by means of dbus commands.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control
Those dbus commands will have to be modified for the n9, no?

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
If it helps, we can do this on the HPTouchpad and N900. Granted the telephony connection is through Bluetooth so the range is limited to the next room in the house.

The TP has its own dialpad and contacts list to allow you to make and receive calls remotely. Then you have vnc to operate other functions on the phone if you wish.

Not sure if this is relevant tbh, but it could be worth a look into to see how other devices do the virtual phone thing

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-11-10 at 09:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post: