Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
The task switcher appears for a brief moment and it indeed looks a lot like the one described in the banana document on the meego wiki.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
The task switcher appears for a brief moment and it indeed looks a lot like the one described in the banana document on the meego wiki.
you're right...
both interfaces are coming from Nokia, but the one we're seeing is not the MeeGo handset UI.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
you're right...
both interfaces are coming from Nokia, but the one we're seeing is not the MeeGo handset UI.
But but Eldar said that's the UI!
At this point i just wanna see the N9.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
To stop all this speculation.
The UI shown in the video is the Symbian⁴ UI, not the one from MeeGo.
The one from MeeGo will be far superior.

(Hint: did you see any 3D HW accelerated graphics in the video? Nope. How it comes then, that MeeGo requires 3D HW acceleration?)
its not symbian
3d HW Accelerated GFX is moot point b/c even symbian 3 as 3D HWA interface its how the Ui runs at 60 frames a second.
by you reasoning it would the os in video is neither of them.
if you install meego touch ui widget set from devel its obvious its meego btw the meego widget set got an update today

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-08-04 at 15:35.

I too do believe it to be meego, as its way different from the current symbian and I cant see symbian 4 being massively different to symbian 3.

But I am happy to wait and find out for real soon enough!

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post
I too do believe it to be meego, as its way different from the current symbian and I cant see symbian 4 being massively different to symbian 3.
Off-Topic, but S^4 is massively different from S^3 in UX/UI.

Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post

But I am happy to wait and find out for real soon enough!
Probally not massively different put S^4 is definitely the milestone(pun not intended) after the UI being build on Qt.
I would believe that MeeGo and S^4 will have similarities, but for now i think this is Meego too.

Thought who knows maybe this was just one video showing one UI proposal to audience to see what they think about it early 2009?

Here's one pic of the S^4 shown July.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
To stop all this speculation.
The UI shown in the video is the Symbian⁴ UI, not the one from MeeGo.
The one from MeeGo will be far superior.
Can you explain how you can be so sure? It looks pretty much like MeeGo to me.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Nokia is far too slow. Always having delays. Why can't they be like Apple and announce a release date and meet that date.
Maybe because Apple only release one phone a year, while Nokia cater to a broad range of customers and consequently have to manage the release of multiple phones each year. In addition, Nokia are currently still developing the new software for their phones whereas Apple have the luxury of simply tweaking the OS they first released 3 years ago after God knows how many years of development in secret.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Of course better to delay to make sure everything is working well before release but when did Nokia do that? They will delay and probably still release a buggy device.
That's exactly what they have done with the N8, and what you just criticised them for doing in your opening sentence... you can't have your cake and eat it.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2010-08-04 at 16:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Can you explain how you can be so sure? It looks pretty much like MeeGo to me.
I actually think it's more likely it is Harmattan's UI, built on Maemo 6, which is derived from MeeGo's compatibility layer.

The Harmattan UI was going to use the MeeGo Handset UX, so watching the video I think this is what they are doing with it.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Tags
aligatro == df