Notices

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Sounds like a bug in my script. Or in Spritradar, which I doubt. Tried to see how it calls Pure Maps, but couldn't find the corresponding code at https://github.com/xXSparkeyy/harbour-spritradar
https://github.com/xXSparkeyy/harbou...GasStation.qml

Line 72, uses Qt.openUrlExternally and geo: uri

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Strange, I can open without issues on SFOS, from terminal, as many times geo uri using harbour-pure-maps script. I wonder what does Qt.openUrlExternally do differently? Maybe this has to be uncommented: https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...aps.desktop#L7 ? For those with the bug, with desire to get into `devel-su` and test the fix, please do so.

PS: Probably would be way better when I integrate xXSparkeyy's PR into Pure Maps...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
Recently I found out, that I could press the mini map in Spritradar and it opens PureMaps with the location of the gas station. But if PureMaps is already open, this doesn't work for some unknown reason.
If PureMaps is opened via click in SpritRadar (or it was already opened from icon in AppDrawer) then subceeding clicks in SpritRadar are not recognised.
BUT: when PureMaps was opened beforehand from the command console via call to 'harbour-pure-maps' then all clicks in SpritRadar willbe opened in PureMaps and showshowcorrect location.
Hope this helps narrowing down?

Whereas calling 'harbour-pure-maps geo:xx.yy,xx.zz' works all the time.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2019-09-04 at 19:21.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SaiFi View Post
The compass in my Xperia X is also rather "interesting", I think it worked fine under Android (installed SFOS immediately after checking the hardware) but it seems I can't calibrate under SFOS. Sometimes it works, sometimes it is completely off.
I am not sure if this is a Qt or driver issue. I had a look at orienteering compass application and it seems that there is some Qt property that indicates the calibration state (0.0 - 1.0) with 1.0 best and 0.0 worst.
If you switch to calibration page on that application it simply reads the calibration property while you move your phone in 8-digit like loops until 100% is reached which means that the bloody thing is calibrated. However if you just reel around the somehow continuous calibration gets messed up and your compass needle goes down South. Compared to my old Garmin device calibration is needed there, too but you deactivate it once the device says its enough so it stays calibrated until you replace batteries. It would be interesting to know how Qt calibrates or calculates the calibration property.

But back to the topic. I agree with you that compass bearing should only be activated by user if needed and not be the default setting to prevent battery drain and distorted compass calibration.

Last edited by Nekron; 2019-09-05 at 18:58. Reason: Fixed typos

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nekron For This Useful Post:
I will look in near future into fixing integration with apps calling Pure Maps, such as SpritRadar. As for compass, the issue was filed and please formulate specifics over there. Can't promise it soon, there are many other things which have been in the backlog. But should get there and make it optional (opt-in) for those who want it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Could anyone clarify how the speed limit display works? In Settings/Navigation, the option is grayed out when "Fuse location on road" (rough translation) is unchecked, but can be enabled when Fuse location on road is checked. I enabled Fuse location on road, and chose to always show speed limits, but they still don't show up while navigating. Did I miss an option somewhere to customize the navigation UI layout and show limits, or do they work only with offline data? If so, it would be useful to mention it in the options.

Side question: do I understand it correctly that "Fuse location on road" forces the cursor to stay within road limits? That is what I initially thought but right now my cursor is out of the road despite the option being enabled. If this is indeed what this option does, then how can the cursor be out as I just observed, and is there an easy way to disable it when navigating as a pedestrian?

Thanks again for your work Rinigus, the app really is awesome, it is great to have such quality native apps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Re terminology: Correct term is "Map matching"

To get speed limit, it needs to know where you are and assume that it is on the street. Right now, it works only with offline data using Valhalla as an engine behind the scenes. As far as I remember, Stadia doesn't provide it as a service, so only only offline for now.

To match the point to the road, Valhalla needs sequence of coordinates and mode of transportation. Sequence of coordinates is given with precision. This allows it to fail nicely if there is no road nearby, for example. Hence the case where you were off the road. It will also not even try to guess the road if uncertainty of your location is too large.

Implementation is as follows: Pure Maps sends new coordinates to OSM Scout Server via DBUs and gets map matched coordinates, street name, speed limit back.

Probably should mention it in the options - please feel free to file an issue. I am off Github at the moment and have a liberty to forget it

PS: you will see speed limits when you are in Follow Me or Navigation modes. Stopping navigation or follow me would disable map matching, unless you specified map matching in Preferences/Exploring. In general, I prefer to keep Exploring without map matching

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 275 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Blackhawk Island
I'm trying out Pure Maps as a replacement for Here WeGo and it's really nice to see a native Sailfish app being on par or (in some parts) even better than a commercial Android app.

Would it be possible to use Here as a backend for routing and search, though?

The two back ends I've tried so far (Stadia Maps and OSM Scout) both seem to ignore the "no toll roads" and "no highways" settings completely which is slowly getting expensive

Last edited by spag; 2019-09-05 at 11:12.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by spag View Post
Would it be possible to use Here as a backend for routing, though?

The two back ends I've tried so far (Stadia Maps and OSM Scout) both seem to ignore the "no toll roads" and "no highways" settings completely which is slowly getting expensive
Re HERE: not yet, but planned. You could chip in if you wish and have time as a part of https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/275 . It will require understanding their API and integration into Pure Maps. With the latter, I'll be happy to help, if needed.

Re Stadia and OSM Scout: I am working on Valhalla update for OSM Scout. If that will not help, let's start filing the issues at Valhalla. You could also check at osm.org if the roads have been marked as toll roads / highways. Find out how to mark them and correct at OSM.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks for your answer Rinigus.

Then the French translation of "Map matching" is inaccurate. Actually it is broken anyway: it reads "Fuse la position sur la route" but "Fuse" does not mean anything in French. If I understand correctly what this option does, it could perhaps read "Forcer le positionnement sur les routes" or something similar.

Good to know that Follow Me and Navigation modes force Map Matching regardless of what the user set in the settings. It might not be trivial, as shown by the fact that I thought having Map Matching unchecked was the reason because I had no speed limits displayed.

I created an issue on Github.

You mentioned that Stadia does not provide speed limit information, and therefore this feature is only for offline data "for now". Does it mean you have ideas to expand it to online data later, or that it is fully dependent on whether Stadia adds this as a service in the future (I guess it is unlikely)?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-09-05 at 12:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: