Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
"TRIAX Digital Satellite Receiver SR 110"
I took a quick look around; I can't seem to find a config file for that exact receiver, but I've found files for two or three other Triax set top boxes. I'll throw them in the next update and see if they might work for you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Well you've done a good job at clearing up the requests.
Sorted the wiki's out accordingly and added a new section in requests called "should be working".
You can now see the wood from the trees so to speak...

As for the new drop panel, it seems to work great.

One thing I would like ask is have you started any key mappings for shortcuts?
OMP has done this recently and it makes operation a breeze, it also ties in with CSSU users to.

Example:-
Q = First Tab (Main), W = Second Tab (Utility) E = Third (Keypad) etc ....

Maybe if you wanted for the Main screen only:- M= Mute, Space = On/Off and directions for volume and channels.

Lastly I can't remember if I asked you about the Favourites Tab.
Is it really required on the tab bar?
I hardly go there anymore thanks to the rocker switch selection.

It's nice seeing pasta shaped updates in HAM again!

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
As for the new drop panel, it seems to work great.
Great!

One thing I would like ask is have you started any key mappings for shortcuts?
OMP has done this recently and it makes operation a breeze, it also ties in with CSSU users to.
Hmm. I've actually been toying with the idea of assigning macros to keys; press one button and send of a whole string of IR commands. Sort of how fancy universal remotes like the Harmony work. But yeah, assigning keys to each tab should be quite simple, I think. Let me play around with it a bit. I suppose a mix of both would be possible as well, if it isn't too confusing.

And yeah, I do really need to catch up to what's going on in the CSSU world, I suppose.

Lastly I can't remember if I asked you about the Favourites Tab.
Is it really required on the tab bar?
That is a very good question. I've already had someone tell me that the favorites would work better as a pop-up menu than as a panel. I'm kind of thinking that I should put another arbitrary button on the left hand side of the tab bar for favorites; that might get it out of the way while still keeping it close when you really need it. (It'd also give me more space to add yet more panels to each collection...)

It's nice seeing pasta shaped updates in HAM again!
Mmm, pasta and ham. Time for me to go get a snack.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Excellent upgrade, Please, One request, you can add remote control for projectors (Sony Vpl-ew5; Sony Cx70; View Sonic 3d Pjd5126) and others.

Regards.

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
Excellent upgrade, Please, One request, you can add remote control for projectors (Sony Vpl-ew5; Sony Cx70; View Sonic 3d Pjd5126) and others.
Thanks! And, in fact, a half dozen Sony VPL config files made it in to the 1.1.5 release (and are now Sony Projector Keyset 1 and 1a). Please tell me if they work for you. I'm not finding anything for the Cx70 (hopefully it is compatible with the VPLs), but I can see a couple of Viewsonic projector config files; I'll add them to the list.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
hi,excuse me if i may ask a simple question,since this is universal ir remote,could this be well worked with air conditioners? If yes then how could i make it work with MIDEA air conditioners ? do i have to be precise with the model number or because all midea ac use same remote so any configuration for a midea ac could do the trick ? please dont hit me,it is installed in my N900l but unfortunately i have not even tried this on any tv set.As my laptop does all the work so never needed testing on tv but the ac in my room might wanna be turned on by my N900? TIA

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by imo View Post
hi,excuse me if i may ask a simple question...
Yes, if your A/C has a IR remote control it could be supported.

I can't see any MIDEA keysets in Pierogi at the moment, but if you could find the model number it may help.

It maybe worth testing some of the included A/C Keysets, you may get lucky.

I am sure Copernicus will add some MIDEA keyset if there is data available for them.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
These new tabs looks indeed much cleaner but on my samsung TV, if I want to have access to an other source. I have switch to the media-panel first.

Just like these quicknavigation for teletext buttos(colored buttons) aren't found anymore in the TV panel... Some buttons are scattered around different panels

Colored buttons is on: Universal Panel
Input source is on: Video media panel

I guess the tabs need some finetuning, except from that. This new button + tabs looks and feels great. Thanks for coming back again
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Grateful user of Pierogl, looking for support for this:-
http://www.i-can.tv/en/overview-2851t
I have been through a load of existing keysets with no luck.

Originally Posted by imo View Post
hi,excuse me if i may ask a simple question,since this is universal ir remote,could this be well worked with air conditioners?
Well, it does sort of work with air conditioners right now, but not very well. This is an area of Pierogi that still needs a lot of work...

If yes then how could i make it work with MIDEA air conditioners ? do i have to be precise with the model number or because all midea ac use same remote so any configuration for a midea ac could do the trick ?
Most manufacturers do seem to play around with their IR protocols over time, so the more precise the model number, the easier it is for me to find a matching protocol. That said, however, I've taken a quick look for Midea config files, and I'm coming up completely empty. However, I did find one rather amazing web site where a guy describes in great detail how he reverse engineered his own Midea remote control sufficiently to create his own on/off switch. His info shows that the thing is sending 48 bits of data in each individual command, which is around the same amount used in the really complex protocols I'm finding from other manufacturers. So, there may be a chance that a protocol for another manufacturer will work with Midea.

That said, I'm still trying to figure out those really complex protocols myself, so I'm not going to make any promises on a time frame. Air conditioner remotes are tough!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control