Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Brainstorm finally created: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._applications/

This might be a little late to implement in Maemo 5, but could still carry on over to MeeGo (Harmattan or MeeGo 1.0) core applications (Phone, Maps, Contacts, App. Manager, etc.).

"Issue:" Many end-users will constantly push for their ideas to be realized in core applications. Not everyone will get what they wanted, and go trolling or spreading "broken (false) promises" that unfairly undermine the reputation of Maemo/MeeGo.

Reason:The community does not have a direct say in what goes into the updates, and what doesn't. (Brainstorm facilitates the community's ideas, but the manufacturer still has the final say).

Solution: Have a voting day some time before the actual firmware release, one forum for each application.

The community would put forth 10-20 (depending on how many ideas there are) major enhancements that end-users want the most (that can be reasonably implemented, nothing absurdly out-of-the-box).

Voters would pick 5, and the top 5 would be (almost) guaranteed to be in the next update.

Other updates would be included at Nokia's discretion (bugfixes, stepping-stone updates, unannounced features, etc.)

Please point out any glitches you see, and I will update the brainstorm.

- Andy
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-05-13 at 20:38.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
This is a sensational idea. Please inform us when you have the brainstorm, I'll cast my vote and call others to consider this proposal too. Thanks!

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by Patola View Post
This is a sensational idea. Please inform us when you have the brainstorm, I'll cast my vote and call others to consider this proposal too. Thanks!
I'm sorry. I've been pretty busy for the last month or so. The brainstorm is up.

http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._applications/
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Tags
fudfix, trollfix, wishlistfix