Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
There's a project entry in garage, which is where the files should be. I haven't checked to see if they have been added for a while.

If you want to make the additions in a portable way you'll probably need support in Sword itself, which is in C++ IIRC. This is obviously the strength and weakness of using an external engine: you get free support for all engine features but adding new ones is probably hackish. The first step would be to approach the sword devs on the crosswire mailing list and ask what the current options are to support those features. If no good way is supported then perhaps they'll be willing to add one (finally), or at least describe how to go about it.

I wish i had more time for development as i already bit off more than i can chew for the moment and really would like to see katana become a killer reader...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Plugin Idea: Supporting of Audio Bible Files

Features:
- import audio Bibles (could be any audio file)
- able to bookmark - meaning mark one's place
- simple audio controls
- tag
- attach to text references
- share clip (30sec???) with someone via MMS, IM, email, or web service

* The idea for this comes from this post from long, long ago and a request that someone just asked me about this audio bible.

It would make for a really interesting addition, and pretty much follow the idea that a person would have a Bible app that confirms to how they read, versus conforming to how the Bible reader wants you to read.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
after reading up on this download i went and enabled extre-dev to get it... but i was wodering if i need to download a specific bible doc or something. I did come across any one talking about it in this thread albeit i read quite a few pgs but not all.

(sorry, this might be way off)
can someone develop an "accountability service" (like covenant eyes/X3 watch) on N900?? would humbly, really, greatly appreciated.

seems that the wolf is always a step ahead of the sheep. .

Originally Posted by hm88 View Post
can someone develop an "accountability service" (like covenant eyes/X3 watch) on N900?? would humbly, really, greatly appreciated.

It is off-topic. Why don't you start another thread?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by hm88 View Post

Totally a good idea, and off-topic as well...
Its worth a new thread, and a reopening on my part of conversations with X3 and Convenant Eyes.

You can also place your request for that feature for the N900 (and any other devices) on this post at MMM.

Just visited Katana page and was wondering what stage the development is. Presently interested in testing the application and waiting for the first alpha stage

Originally Posted by doksng View Post
Just visited Katana page and was wondering what stage the development is. Presently interested in testing the application and waiting for the first alpha stage
I've been working working on Katana on and off all along. Part of what has been slowing it down is that the Qt framework was under a lot of churn for a while - things that had worked suddenly didn't, creating the need for nasty workarounds, etc. Now that Qt 4.6 has stabilized and is getting ready to ship with PR 1.2, I've had more chance to focus on real development.

I'm working on the last potentially contentious UI piece. Once that's done (hopefully in the next couple of days), I'll release another alpha to get feedback. I've been using Katana extensively myself, so I've had a chance to fix a lot of the edge cases and weird bugs.

After the next alpha, the only major piece of functionality left is downloading texts over the internet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joshn53 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by joshn53 View Post
I've been working working on Katana on and off all along. Part of what has been slowing it down is that the Qt framework was under a lot of churn for a while - things that had worked suddenly didn't, creating the need for nasty workarounds, etc. Now that Qt 4.6 has stabilized and is getting ready to ship with PR 1.2, I've had more chance to focus on real development.

I'm working on the last potentially contentious UI piece. Once that's done (hopefully in the next couple of days), I'll release another alpha to get feedback. I've been using Katana extensively myself, so I've had a chance to fix a lot of the edge cases and weird bugs.

After the next alpha, the only major piece of functionality left is downloading texts over the internet.
Thanks. Keep the good work up!
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
bible app ayy................... *walks away*

The Following User Says Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:

Tags
bible, maemo 5, rapier, reference browser, religious apps, scripture reader, sword